Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artifact challenge game.

Default Artifact challenge game.

I know there is a challenge to kill at least one of each monster and then a more tedious one of killing only one of each monster.

However is there a challenge that states: Collect all the guaranteed artifacts?

Black torc
    Death's Sting
    5 Orbs
    Sceptre of Chaos
    Trident of the red rooster
    Rune-covered trident
    Needle
    Sting
    Crown of Science
    Si
    Rolf's Companion
    Potion of Literacy
    Phial of Caladriel
    Ring of the High King
    Big Punch
    Sword of Nonnak
    Elemental Gauntlets
    Weird Tome
    Crown of Chaos
    Amulet of Chaos
    Shield of Raw Steel
    Amulet of Raw Steel
    True Strenght
    Axe of the Minotaur Emperor
    Boots of Great Speed
    Moonsickle
    Ancient Mummy Wrapping
    Ankh
    Ring of the Master Cat
    Rolf's Saviour

That is 34, am I missing anything?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 10-07-2013 at 07:07 PM.

True strength cannot be gotten with:
    Sword of Nonnak - gravedigging
    Amulet of Chaos - farmers are lawful
    Shield of Raw Steel - killing the druid
    Amulet of Raw Steel - killing Thrundarr

You can get those artifacts, yes. You just have to get True Strength first.

[edit]FWIW, I believe that a more tedious version of this challenge has been completed (albeit in a very scummy fashion), where the player tried to get the maximum number of artifacts possible. This involved, IIRC, summoning an emperor moloch inside the Pyramid in order to be able to get precrowns to level 50 before getting the mummy wrapping. Wish engine was required, naturally.

[edit2]I think this is the one: Illiterate platinum ultra.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 10-07-2013 at 02:25 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Maybe count Rolf's Savior? It's not exactly guaranteed, but it can't be generated randomly either

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You can get those artifacts, yes. You just have to get True Strength first.
    Now I'm curious as to whether Gaab'baay has any special dialog after you close the chaos gate. Of course, the platinum ultra omits the Raw Steel artifacts.
    Last edited by Grond; 10-07-2013 at 02:40 AM.

That's true.

I've been thinking I should try a platinum ultra in 1.2.0. It should be possible without needing excessive scumming. You just need to be careful and a bit lucky.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Ok, I'll add Saviour, was contemplating it. Maybe I'll find out whether it is actually guaranteed while attempting this.

To JellySlayer: yeah, it should involve a little less luck now with the girdle requirements being softened.

As an aside: what happens if you enter the gate with the sceptre and change alignment and then kill Andor? Very tricky, but possible. 41 black unicorns is a lot.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 10-07-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    As an aside: what happens if you enter the gate with the sceptre and change alignment and then kill Andor? Very tricky, but possible. 41 black unicorns is a lot.
    Presumably you'll get transformed into a chaos wretch for not killing Andy with ToTRR.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    That victory post looks really, really suspicious to me. This character reportedly got 3 wishes out of the first 5 pools. That is just a bit too good to be true methinks.. Next, the report says:

Much ID scumming + alchemy yielded enough !PoEx to jumpstart a ring wish engine.
    But there is no alchemy recipe for potions of exchange..

Finally, I managed platinum twice in 1.1.1 and failed many times; my experience is that you need to do a semi-speedrun if you want any decent chance at success. (Because the slower you play, the more likely it gets that some lawful monster will die). If I read how much time this character spent in places where lawful monsters can spawn.. I just have a hard time believing the story.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 10-07-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    That victory post looks really, really suspicious to me. This character reportedly got 3 wishes out of the first 5 pools. That is just a bit too good to be true methinks.. Next, the report says:

But there is no alchemy recipe for potions of exchange..

Finally, I managed platinum twice in 1.1.1 and failed many times; my experience is that you need to do a semi-speedrun if you want any decent chance at success. (Because the slower you play, the more likely it gets that some lawful monster will die). If I read how much time this character spent in places where lawful monsters can spawn.. I just have a hard time believing the story.
    Someone lured Gaab'baay to D:48 and you are questioning legimitacy of the story? Lol, grobble, considering your criminal record of tree-shaking pranks.
    3 wishes were from 5 UD and all Darkforge pools anyway.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Don't forget, Potion of Literacy is an artifact.