Thread: ADOM sage/XP problems...

Default ADOM sage/XP problems...

I've got a rather strange problem.

I've been using ADOM sage for about a year now, and greatly love it. But a little bit ago, when I launched adom sage (both using the color correcting shortcut and when not), I get to the "enter your name" field and about once every second, there's a strange character generated. (it looks like a capital "C" with a tail, I can't figure out how to generate it normally) This doesn't happen in the regular ms-dos ADOM. Anyway, it becomes a problem once you start the game, because then every second or so, adom generates "unknown character, ' '" and it interferes with the display. (basically everything gets wiped away before I can read it)

I've reinstalled adom sage, reinstalled the linux version of adom, reinstalled my keyboard driver... I've done pretty much everything I can think of, but this damn thing keeps coming back. I was hoping someone else here might have had this problem.

For the record, I'm running a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with XP installed. Any other sys requirements I can provide as needed.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Just wanted to bump this, see if anyone knows an answer.

I'm as stumped as you are, really

possibly a problem with one of your fonts. Try re-installing those.

?

that it? thats generated by holding alt then keying 0199. alt keys are fun. Ҝ

I had a problem similar to that running ToME in Vista.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

support.dell.com might have something for you. Also, Check what font adom is running under, then find that font and verify it isnt corrupt.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

That's a french character. Are you from canada? some laptops get sold with both french and english languages install and if you happen to hit left alt and left shift together, it'll switch to french keyboard. Check regional and language settings in your control panel to make sure you're set to english...

EDIT: Ignore this advice, i just re-read your post and this wouldn't apply. Sorry for the confusion