Thread: The luckiest unlucky bastard I've ever had....

Default The luckiest unlucky bastard I've ever had....

I've been playing ADOM since waaaay back in the day ('97 perhaps?), and I've died in a billion interesting ways while succeeding just once (hurthling barbarian, WoD). This morning, I lost an effective Orc Priest just after visiting Dwarftown - on the level just above DT, his last act was reading a cursed delicate tome that completely drained his life essence (from 123/123/ to -118/123). Upon inspection, it was a Spellbook of Divine Favor. WOW, I wasn't expecting to see something like that so soon! That could have turned out to be a lot more fun that it actually was.

Obviously he was no genius... roughly 12 in INT and MA. But he had plenty of TO and HPs, and book-casting could have been a possibility in the long-run. I sure would have liked trying to get him there!

I've never had such massive health drain from reading a book. Didn't know you could actually die from that. Live and learn, thanks! : P

Noted. I'll be careful reading them books...
    You kick the Troll and slay it. Congratulations! You advance to level 4! (more)

Admin powers at their finest.

Ah, what awful luck. Reminds me of the time my Troll Ranger tried to write a scroll of chaos resistance and was insta-killed.