Thread: Returning Newbie with a question.

Default Returning Newbie with a question.

Hi all,

so I used to play Adom back in.... 2001'ish when a friend introduced me to it, never managed to finish a game but keep finding myself thinking about it every so often so I came here and downloaded the most recent version and i'm very impressed with what I see (plus the ability to switch gfx modes for nostalgia is cool).

I do have a question though and I feel really stupid for asking this but.... how do you drop stuff (ie to sell to the shopkeeper)?

I thought it would be as simple as going into the inventory and selecting the item to drop but it doesn't work? what really simple keybind am I missing? I've looked through the keybindings and multiple manuals (including the very good guides listed around here) and i'm just feeling incredibly dumb

Thanks in Advance

Daro

Well I don't play the graphical version, but if the keybindings are consistent, press d (drop command). Each inventory item will be bound to a letter, and just press the letter of the item you want to drop.

+ / - can be used to page up / page down if your inventory covers multiple pages.

Edit: [Slightly more advanced] You can even drop multiple items using Ctrl-d, which then allows you to select a number of items to drop, then press ENTER to drop all of them. Using :d will allow you to drop all items of a certain category, such as all unpaid items, or all items of unknown status.
    Last edited by LFk; 12-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LFk View Post
    Well I don't play the graphical version, but if the keybindings are consistent, press d (drop command). Each inventory item will be bound to a letter, and just press the letter of the item you want to drop.

+ / - can be used to page up / page down if your inventory covers multiple pages.
    brilliant, like I said I knew it was a really simple command that I was missing somewhere. Thanks for the help

No problem. Hopefully you have a couple of enjoyable games!

well my first game is going quite well so far, i'm level 6 or 7, trying to find the carpenter at the moment.

Hi, Darothane. Excellent choice in a game. If you feel like it , do read the in-game manual some time. It tells you most everything you need to know even the question you asked here, you can always access it by pressing '?'. Some of the comments are slightly cryptic in the manual, but that is what the game is mostly about, have fun re-exploring the Drakalor Chain and dying doing so.
    Last edited by Stingray1; 12-05-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Hi, Darothane. Excellent choice in a game. If you feel like it , do read the in-game manual some time. It tells you most everything you need to know even the question you asked here, you can always access it by pressing '?'. Some of the comments are slightly cryptic in the manual, but that is what the game is mostly about, have fun re-exploring the Drakalor Chain.
    Thanks Stingray1, I did read through the manual, although I have a tendency to skim-read (especially when i'm playing while at work ) I love adom and most other roguelike games, I had a roguelike game on my android phone for a while until I sold the phone (I forget what the game was called now). looking forward to maybe even finishing a game of Adom lol... currently watching Silfirs Lets Play Adom videos on YT to remind me of some things.