Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Threat/Tension Room Horror Stories

divij

i had a threat room of GEE on d50..that is bad enuf in and of itself but i was a drakeling who was slowed to around 30 speed cause of d49....needless too say they surrounded me and killed me...in hindsight i couldve avoided that scenario by tping away but hindsight is 19/20? something like that! also i had a threat room of greater balors and emperor liches on UC3 and i opened the door and every1 got hostile which is ok except i tpd away instantly b4 i cud be confused but a GB also tpd close to me and summoned all kinds of monsters...i tried to get rid of them by leading them up but i was perma invis and they cudnt spot me so i had to hit them and lead them up...this worked for 2-3 Gbalors but then 1 of them summoned ghost kings i again made the mistake of walking to a distance from him but he randomly hit me (i was invis ) and aged me to death....i shudve used my magic mapping to find the downstairs and just tpd bot in hindsight which is ofc 18/20? i forget the phrase!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
    You know, it's difficult enough for a lot of us to read English when spelling and grammar is used in some sane fashion. Every time I try and decipher your gibberish I feel like I'm permanently losing a few sanity points.
    Agreed. At least take some time to format your sentences, and do a spell check for our own sake.

Hindsight is 20/20 , close though

To contribute to the thread, There was a Shadow Wyrm tension room which caused incessant summoning of the ghosts in DH, which was rough early on
    Last edited by boat; 12-11-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Gate Closers:
    Dwarf Monk (p17), Dwarf Paladin (p23), Gnome Duelist (r49), Dark Elf Barbarian (r50), High Elf Archer (r51)

I've had some white unicorn and lich rooms that I've avoided at later levels, but the funniest one was probably a L10 or so human fighter exploring the UD. I opened a door, dark room, and immediately started running into things. Backed up a few steps, and found out they were red worms. Well, those are weak, might as well slaughter the whole room. Eventually I was halfway through the room with no end in sight, not that I was taking any damage. Thinking "How many more of these stupid worms are left to go?" I lit a torch, saw that there were about 30 left, and then got immediately scorched to death as they all decided to breathe fire at me. Whoops.

Stone snakes at UD6 [unremarkable dungeon] on char with no poison resist and no healing skill.
    Luckily backtracking to stairs was not blocked by some wererat [RNG has semi-working day or something] - killed like 27 stoen snakes before actually opening room [which happened to be 5x8].

Got some valuable lesson on building piety via precrown [UD3] and not doing early dives to mountain village.

@ boat @dogbreath ....." Hindsight is 20/20 , close though" some people dont understand sarcasm and humor...thats ok with me. also with regards grammar and spelling...i care a lot abt these 2 and am rarely, if ever wrong...do you mean punctuations cause i dont give a fuck abt that...so if you would please ignore my comments, that would be great.

I believe it was on D:47 where I found a tension room of Lich Kings and greater vault of Red Dragons. I was playing as a Duelist, and thought I could take them in mele. I had Executor, and about four sources of confusion resist, so the undead were destroyed at the cost of a few points of Pe, but the dragons were another story. I learned a valuable lesson that day: level 28 PCs should not take on more than one named fire wyrm at a time. Die and learn, I guess.
    A wizard's natural enemy: Chandeliers.