Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish Engine?

Question Wish Engine?

Hello I am new on this forum and ADOM and I would like to ask, where would you get 19 rings and blessed potions of exchange? Also I am using ADOM 1.1.1
    Last edited by Sqrrt121; 01-04-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Through some elaborate grinding. I wouldn't recommend it if you care about your sanity.

If you've got a potion shop and a ring shop, that's the easiest way. But yes, it's still going to take a long time even then.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

If you find a ring shop, remember 1.1.1 will let you attempt to start the engine with unpaid rings.
    "And light there be!"

Ring wish engine doesn't work in 1.2.0 anymore. But in 1.1.1 it wasn't that hard to get a stack of 19 (or more) rings even in normal gameplay and 1 ring shop quite much guaranteed that.

Somewhere in mid-game you usually have a few stacks of 4-8 rings (fire resistance, stun resistance, fish and maybe a few others). Dipping largest of them into a potion of exchange has very high chance of transforming into a stack that can be merged with some of your existing stacks thus generating even larger pile to dip next time. And after 2-4 dips you will have a stack of 10+ rings, sometimes 19+.

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Ring wish engine doesn't work in 1.2.0 anymore. But in 1.1.1 it wasn't that hard to get a stack of 19 (or more) rings even in normal gameplay and 1 ring shop quite much guaranteed that.
    Well you just need few hundred rings to kickstart. That is a hassle but afterwards it should be even more stable. I defintely would not call that "doesn't work".

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Well you just need few hundred rings to kickstart. That is a hassle but afterwards it should be even more stable. I defintely would not call that "doesn't work".
    Rusty rings, rings with varying stats (like +1-2-3 Le or +6-7-8 slaying), cursed rings, blessed rings, gain attribute rings... It leaks non-stackable rings constantly, so it does not work for 99% characters. You could get a lot, but for infinity wishes... you need 1000+ rings, i guess, and normal characters without ring shops cant generate so much rings.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Rusty rings, rings with varying stats (like +1-2-3 Le or +6-7-8 slaying), cursed rings, blessed rings, gain attribute rings... It leaks non-stackable rings constantly, so it does not work for 99% characters. You could get a lot, but for infinity wishes... you need 1000+ rings, i guess, and normal characters without ring shops cant generate so much rings.
    As far as i know rusty rings do not get generated, slaying is too high DL. Mental stability very rarely gets stats out of line. Normally one gets enough scrolls of uncursing/holy water [by time rings are farmed] to stabilize begining.
    Gain of atribute is some leak but not too much and can be pulled back via PoRC and backpedaling to DL<7.

At slight bellow 5% of chance per ring if you start with 200ish ringfs [sorted by B/U/C but not type as you can dip largest stack] you get wish like half time. [assumin stacks of arround 10 - there is like 22 rings of same DL as djinni summoning or lower]
    So wish>3pots>1,5wish. Due to rolls per ring this is way more stable tan 1.1.1 so can afford using wishes for rings/water/scrolls lots earlier than older version.

Honestly I did ring engine in old times, did maths and sincerely plan to do new version once we get stable version instead of prerelease windmill[in decade I guess given development tempo].

200ish is tedious, but I do assume with scumming ID for tension rooms at low DL [so initial rings are more stacked and generate more wishes] to kickstart should cut a bit in that number too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    As far as i know rusty rings do not get generated, slaying is too high DL. Mental stability very rarely gets stats out of line. Normally one gets enough scrolls of uncursing/holy water [by time rings are farmed] to stabilize begining.
    Gain of atribute is some leak but not too much and can be pulled back via PoRC and backpedaling to DL<7.

At slight bellow 5% of chance per ring if you start with 200ish ringfs [sorted by B/U/C but not type as you can dip largest stack] you get wish like half time. [assumin stacks of arround 10 - there is like 22 rings of same DL as djinni summoning or lower]
    So wish>3pots>1,5wish. Due to rolls per ring this is way more stable tan 1.1.1 so can afford using wishes for rings/water/scrolls lots earlier than older version.

Honestly I did ring engine in old times, did maths and sincerely plan to do new version once we get stable version instead of prerelease windmill[in decade I guess given development tempo].

200ish is tedious, but I do assume with scumming ID for tension rooms at low DL [so initial rings are more stacked and generate more wishes] to kickstart should cut a bit in that number too.
    http://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/asdf/merch.vlg

It is leaky and i cant make 19 stacks already.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    http://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/asdf/merch.vlg

It is leaky and i cant make 19 stacks already.
    I count multiple stacks of 19+ rings. As I've already said dipping even rings of ~10 per stack is still profitable at 1,5 ratio.
    mental stability rings can also be pulled be back with pots of raw chaos on DL1.

So I sorta missed point entirely