Thread: How to write scrolls?

Default How to write scrolls?

Another post for basic know-how (i am such a noob) how do you write a scroll?

I need to warn that this information will help very little with surviving. Writing scrolls is something I rarely do at all. It's much easier to find or buy scrolls than to write them.

That being said, it is possible. You need a writing set, a blank scroll and high literacy. You can only write scrolls that you have read before (or maybe it's enough to have identified one before, not sure). Be warned that writing the really interesting scrolls, like chaos removal, will drain a lot of power points and hitpoints and permanently reduce your mana score.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

You can create blank scrolls by dipping any scroll into a potion of (regular) water. They are also randomly found, but are much rarer than many of the basic scrolls (identify, etc.).

The magical writing set is only randomly found, and rather rare. As grobble said, this is rarely going to be relevant until you actually have a PC that's pretty good at survival already.