Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Mindcraft be expanded?

I changed my key from Ctrl-I to Tab when i started playing mindcrafters and i'm totally happy with invoking mindcraft without having to reach 'i' every time.
    While i think that additional powers would be nice, i'm not sure this TB has time to expand classes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    i'm not sure this TB has time to expand classes.
    Not now, no. I think everyone knows he has enough to be going on with right now, what with adding entire chunks of content.

But as I said during the debate about reworking Elementalists, it never hurt to talk about these things.

As for my feelings on this, I mentioned in my previous post that I think levitation would be cool.
    No change to mindcraft would be OK though, imo the class still feels unique enough to play.
    It's a weak class, to be sure, but I'll always argue against the need for class balance. The powers are only applicable in certain situations... and that's how it goes.

I completely understand the desire to keep the class as it is (and was aware of TB's current priorities), but I have a very strong vision of how I think the class should be. I don't think a new class would be something I'd suggest, as the Mindcrafter fits the style I love already, it's just lacking in the areas it should shine.

I'll be putting my RFE up soon and don't expect any action on it any time in the near future, but it's a place I can discuss my ideas and dream a little. Thanks for all the feedback so far, I love real discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by d3vlyn View Post
    I agree they need to rely on weapons early on, and their survival in these first few levels is very difficult. But once reaching ~lvl 12 they should have sufficient mental capability to take on most enemies if they choose. Mindcraft does improve with Clvl and Wisdom, so does still scale.

And yeah, melee range mental powers seem odd to me. Why no range? Should be able to single out a target in a pack of monsters and rip their mind apart... but that's just my vision of how the class should work.
    Inverse square law. Mindcraft is produced by electromagnetic fields that decay radially with distance. It works best when your head is touching the other person's head.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I was wrong with my previous comment, as mind blast is ranged, but telekinetic blast is not. Sorry, been playing other classes for too long.

So it's a telekinetic headbutt? Would love to see a gnome use that...

Their mindblasts are still a useful damage ability. Mindcrafters can't rely on blasting exclusively like wizards, but for clearing vaults or dealing with pit snakes or summoners mindblasting can be very handy. In addition, it can damage monsters through walls. Wizards can only do that with ball spells and mindcrafters can do it at longer range. If monsters are behind a locked door or secret door, you can kill them completely safely. And you get no alignment hit for killing a peaced monster this way, either. For example, lock the door on Hotzenplotz and fry them in 100% safety and without alignment hit. Or better yet, create a wall of locked doors around the assassin prince and gain some 100k xp early in the game.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

It's a pity you haven't progressed to the late game with Mindcrafters, because this is where they start to shine.
    Greater Telekinetic Blast alone is one of the most powerful forces in ADOM as it provides you with tremendous strategic advantage.
    For hordes of non-corrupting, living opponents repeated Confusion Wave + Mind Wave is so effective, you won't have to do anything except read scrolls of power.

However, I do believe some more exotic powers won't hurt.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

would be nice to have pyrokinesis power, like a Burning Hands spell working similarly to GTB, only with less damage and monsters resistant to it

should come on mid levels to give a way to deal with both graveyards, without hacking away [since that'd help in losing St/To to vampires, shadows and wights]

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    It's a pity you haven't progressed to the late game with Mindcrafters, because this is where they start to shine.
    Greater Telekinetic Blast alone is one of the most powerful forces in ADOM as it provides you with tremendous strategic advantage.
    GTB is basically the best thing ever. It makes almost all bosses a cakewalk (including the multi-headed chaos dragon).
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by AlterAsc View Post
    I changed my key from Ctrl-I to Tab when i started playing mindcrafters and i'm totally happy with invoking mindcraft without having to reach 'i' every time.
    While i think that additional powers would be nice, i'm not sure this TB has time to expand classes.
    I used to love playing Mindcrafters in the early 2000's. I used TAB to get to Invoke Mindcraft and it was great. When it stopped working, I changed it. I, over the years, forgot what the syntax/text for TAB is in the adom.kbd file! Like Control is \C, etc. I have not played a Mindcrafter in years simply because I find CTRL-I to be so incredibly difficult, especially when used so frequently.

So, how does one map TAB in the .kbd file? Please and thank you in advance.