Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bookcasting wish in p20

Default Bookcasting wish in p20

Hello every body!

Anyway, first time poster, long time reader.

Got hooked up with adom again like many others and decided to accomplish my dream for an Archmage.

So I get my book, I get my Great bookcaster talent, I get the wish and alotta mana and HP. I wait for silvernight (half manacost confirmed, wish was 1500pp to cast) as lawful champion to bookcast the spell and PUFF, I die.

Luckily I had AoLS and resurrected, but my question is, does the great bookcaster talent no longer affect wish? I have HP and mana combined to cast 3000pp and on silvernight the bookcast the cost is supposed to be 2250 with talents.

Anyone have info on this? I needs my virtual ego fulfilled.

Casting from HP became more expensive, it costs more hitpoints now.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Oh that explains it!

Any idea on the ratio? Adom wiki still says its 2PP for 1HP. Damn community almost killed my wizard..

I'm not so sure if it costs more to cast from HP than before. I had a successful archwizard in pre20 and until I wished for enough power to exclusively cast from PP, I had to cast partially from HP. The ratio is still exactly 2:1.
    Something else might have been the cause of your death. Silvernight works for lawfuls, if you were not lawful then costs were still 4500 with great book caster.
    You might also consider mana battery corruption as it reduces casting costs by further 20%.
    As a side note, how many castings of wish did you get when you learned the spell?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

No, it has been increased, as far as I recall. This is very simple to check yourself. Just drain your PP to zero and cast a spell and check the HP lost. You will lose some Wi, To and Ma though. (Just roll another caster and test it with that character)
    Last edited by Stingray1; 01-12-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    I'm not so sure if it costs more to cast from HP than before... The ratio is still exactly 2:1.
    The ratio is not 2:1 any longer.

I was lawful on silvernight and it definitely halved the PP cost at the time.

Mana battery does not lower PP cost lower than 50%, so it would not help in addition to silvernight.

The increased HP to PP ratio seems like the only explanation, have to check that sometime.

Mana battery stacks with silvernight, I tested it on pre20.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    The ratio is not 2:1 any longer.
    What is it, then? I asked around about this before making some edits to the wiki, and was told the exchange rate remained 1 HP = 2 PP, despite the otherwise severe nerf.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Mana battery stacks with silvernight, I tested it on pre20.
    But does it stack with wizard's reductions too?