Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Competition Game?

Default Forum Competition Game?

Anyone feeling interested in doing some sort of forum-wide challenge competition? It seems to me that it's been awhile, and with everyone being able to run pre20, and the boards being somewhat more active with new (or returning old) players, this seems like a good time to do it. We could do something akin to previous challenges like Duels to the Death, The Weakest Link, or Mission ADOMPossible. Or something different, of course, if there are some other ideas.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Sounds fun. I'm in for anything, as long as it's got horribly complicated rules that we can bicker over.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Count me in! I'm in love with multiplayer ADOM and damn looking forward to kick your behinds!
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

I'm in as long as gravedigging and corpse desecration are involved.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

In favor of ADOMPossible-style game. ID games are getting kinda boring.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Good idea! I'm definitely in.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    In favor of ADOMPossible-style game.
    I support this.

Personally I would prefer
    - team based - all the fun team vs. team flaming and you can always blame teammates for failing
    - something slightly away from standard, but not as tedious as Zen Monk or spit trough you whole game.

Maybe more or less adompossible rules like this just instead of random characters some collection of simple challenges like:
    -Mellee necro [or wizard/druid other primary magic user] - with restriction of not casting spells. [some xceptions to save tedium as pirranha freezing probably acceptable]
    -mellee dualwielder cause shield s are boring [not ranger as that does not count for challenge]
    - chaos knight who sticks with being C allignment whole game. [Chaos knights are novelty enough and corruption management would work as far as challenge is concerned]
    - some weakling [merchant/thief] rolled with exceptionally low stats.

I'm up for it but have no time to play organiser, I'm afraid.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    -mellee dualwielder cause shield s are boring [not ranger as that does not count for challenge]
    Assassin would be a nice class for that.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Hmm... how about an ADOMPossible style game, but rather than doing steals like described in the link Soirana lists, the lowest scoring team(s) can inflict restrictions on PCs from the highest scoring teams in future missions (chosen from a list or something so it doesn't get too obscene)? So if Team A has a wizard that is doing very well, the losing Team B could add a restriction that for the next mission, that PC can't cast spells, say.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.