Thread: First Drakeling, guess what?

Default First Drakeling, guess what?

First time playing a drakeling, a healer, and guess what happened?
    PC gets Thrundarr's first quest: White baby dragon.
    Big Room, get some nice gear (crystal tower shield, suffixed mithril spear), find a dragon, kill it.

While heading to the downward stair, I got attacked by several Quasits, moments later by a bunch of g.cubes. Deciding to find the pesky Black wizard I see an Ice Vortex...
    I thought the biggest Drakling-problem was the ToEF. It's not.

How high was your speed? You could switch to coward tactic increasing speed (or so they say) and a massive boost to DV

Coward speed boost only counts for <1/3 HP.

I've always found the hardest part of drakelings to be remembering that cold = less speed, not the TOEF tbh (which is easy with just first aid - probably even easier now that it's been buffed). My (I think) only death to Nuurgy came from forgetting about that until it was too late..Sp:51 = hard to escape, and eventually there were no more healing potions for death rays.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Ah yes. I once tried the bridge freezing trick with an Ogre Magi in the TotHK. As a Drakeling. Learning is Painful. Immune so NBD as far as the damage was concerned... killed the ogre... Then tried to walk it off up the stairs... mistake.

Also lost a drakeling on D50 (!) to walking around trying to warm up after D49... tension room on the random side. First monster: quickling queen. So close and yet so far. Learning.
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer