Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: List of must fixes

@palandus:

The game is not too hard: https://twitter.com/AncardiaUS - and there's obviously no save scumming here.

You could argue that the players who use the Ancardia server are veterans, but you'll notice that the gate gets closed several times every week, and many unsuccessful characters survive well into their 20s and 30s. If you're efficient it should take you not much more than an hour of ID grinding to get your character to lvl 10-12, relatively free of risk - i.e. you skip the level if you hear a vortex and you stay in the shallows until you're sufficiently buffed. I'll add that I've never had any trouble whatsoever finding spellbooks with a wizard in the ID.

Fix your intrinsics before exploring dangerous areas, and always make sure you have last-ditch options, like teleportation, invisibility, prayers, powerful offensive wands, boosting potions (especially speed), etc. With a strong race-class combo, you should be fairly confident of being able to complete the game with good preparation and risk management at least every third attempt once you've made it past the early game.

Cheers

Edit: Let me just add that you have very strong opinions about a game you've just started learning.
    Last edited by platypower; 09-01-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Adom is definitely a game where it's hard until you learn what you're doing wrong. If you pick a very strong race/class combo and know how to scum, it's actually super easy to beat the game normally. Then when you are more experienced you set your sights higher (ultra endings are *significantly* harder) to make the game challenging again. or by playing worse class/race combos

Wizards are by far the most overpowered class in adom, if you're still struggling with them I think you just aren't far enough on the learning curve. (not enough spell knowledge? either roll a class with higher Le, or a class that can deal without spells (drakelings) or, simplest of all, scum the ID for books)

current must fixes for me: Graphical errors in Ice Queen Domain, Water Dragon Cave, and Tower of Eternal Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Haddoc View Post
    current must fixes for me: Graphical errors in Ice Queen Domain, Water Dragon Cave, and Tower of Eternal Flame.
    Definitely. I'm sure they're top of the list for Thomas et al. to fix, and they're on the list of things to fix before the Steam release. Must be annoying for them that a big game-breaking bug appeared in what was supposed to be the last release before Steam :-(

It looks like not enough people play in graphical mode.

Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

So, if i found a bug, do i just report it here, or is there some procedure? Because i kinda found a bug.
    Last edited by NathanGarro; 03-31-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanGarro View Post
    So, if i found a bug, do i just report it here, or is there some procedure? Because i kinda found a bug.
    There is a whole subforum named "Adom issue management". Bug reports should go in that direction.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Default Add a reorder spell please!!!!!!!!!!!

The WORST feature about ADOM is the constant changing of spell letters!

When something like Lightning (z) option B gets replaced by something useless like LIGHT!

Or Improved Fireball gets replaced by Identify which not only KILLS you in an important fight but renders you MP 75 points LOWER.

please please please please please CHANGE THIS!

add a reorder spell key or something. Slashem reorder is the + (plus) key.

and YES I know you can "bookmark" spells, someone has suggested that before, but it's better to just add a reorder key.

I agree with a more userfriendly inventory-management... just sorted alphabetically would already be a lot better...