Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: List of must fixes

I concur, the really high-priority things are already done. Now we need to test them, the ice queen can wait ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    To be honest, although this is subjective, I wouldn't call these "must fixes". They are nice, but low-priority fixes.

I'd say the highest-priority thing right now is that we should get p21! All the really high-priority stuff (first pages of this thread) has been addressed, but some changes (like monster generation, Thrundarr quest, etc.) have a pretty large gameplay impact so after they are tested by the community at large, they might generate adjustments that are really high-priority.
    I would say Strange companion behavior and Healer class improvements are must fixes, while everything else I mentioned is nice-to-have. Playing different classes adds to replayability and makes the game better, so while we should not balance classes in terms of overall playthrough difficulty (challenges are good), we should try to fix and tweak those things which are just plain annoying about playing certain classes (annoying being different from difficult); e.g. the healer level 18 class power thing. Some fixes in the same vein were part of the original must fixes list, like for example the interaction between extended walk and fluctuations in burden levels due to CK class powers. Tweaks to mindcrafters have also already been implemented in part thanks to this thread.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Since a lot of work is being done on the game right about now, I thought I'd bump this thread.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Stingray1 has found Oddities regarding stat potentials is not fully fixed, so I'm using this thread to bring it to attention.

Missiles not stacking (again) - http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2841
    Attacking neutral hostility creatures with archery is a chaotic act - http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2816

Hello,

The latest ADOM 1.2.0 Prerelease 23 with NotEye integration doesn't work on OSX 10.6.8. I'm getting this error:

"You can't open the application ADOM because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

Marino

I'd like to add Option to turn off player ghosts to the list of must fixes. Given that the current closed prerelease is the Deluxe version with ghosts on, this is really high priority so that the ones among us who'd like to play without ghosts can do so.
    Last edited by jt; 10-18-2014 at 11:30 AM.

Last edited by aerol; 11-29-2014 at 11:09 PM.

The pre/poscrowning issue with being stuck on 'very close' status is still present and still as frustrating as ever. Precrowning is quite commonly used and while I don't like it as a method of obtaining artifacts, it'd seem like one of the obvious things to be fixed.

I think better organization of the backpack is a must fix. Towards the mid and end game sorting through it to find what you want to use or drop is a nightmare, hundreds and hundreds of items. It seems I spend as much time managing the massive inventory as I do actually playing the game.

Tabs you could open by clicking on them, such as (Helms)(Amulets)(Boots)(Girdles)(1handedweapons) you press a key or click and then it opens or closes those sections 1 by 1 at a time. Could drop every item in each group with one click/key.

Missiles - it's been said before - being able to just stack them together in bundles and perhaps average the +/- to hit and to damage for the whole bunch would be a godsend.

Wands could use better organization - all wands of the same type next to each other in the same section. Rather than say, wand of monster detection in the first screen, then scroll down 5 sections and there's another one. Why not have the 2 same type of wand appear together and listed alphabetically so it's easy to find what you're looking for? And a command to zap the same one you previously zapped instead of having to go through 10 pages of wands to find it again.