Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOMPossible: Team Earth Thread

Hi elenie, welcome to the team.

For full recordings, I use a program called CamStudio. It works pretty well for ADOM. I think written notes might actually be more useful, so that everyone doesn't have to watch all of the videos if they don't have the time. At least post a quick summary of what you did and any major changes and finds (altars, etc.) would probably be handy. Just being able to have a quick reference to consult to be able to say "Yes, I have acid resist" when staring down an acid vortex would be useful, IMHO. Videos aren't required, but they are a lot of fun to watch.

I was assuming random stats, yes. Honestly, I don't think the question system makes enough of a difference for it to matter either way though.

As far as classes go, I don't disagree with your points about necros, barbarians and beastfighters. I like all of those classes to and would prefer them to classes like thieves, weaponsmiths (I actually really like farmers). Unless we move them quite high up the list, there's a fairly low chance we'll get any of them though because a lot of other teams are likely to be putting these classes quite high up in their rosters. I just put those guys at the bottom because I felt that we didn't have a chance to get them.

If we include them in our rankings properly, our list might look something like this:

1.Wizard
    2.Paladin
    3.Elementalist
    4.Archer
    5.Priest

6.Ranger
    7.Necromancer
    8.Bard
    9.Duelist
    10.Fighter
    11.Assassin
    12.Healer
    13.Barbarian
    14.Beastfighter
    15.Weaponsmith

16.Monk
    17.Farmer
    18.Thief
    19.Mindcrafter
    20.Merchant

21.Druid
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Thanks for the clarifications. No need to adjust the class list, after all I have zero experience with team comps and haven't really thought through what a good ranking strategy is in that context.

I'll stick to text logs then, but good to know about CamStudio in any case. Maybe I can get it set up for the comp.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post

If we include them in our rankings properly, our list might look something like this:

1.Wizard
    2.Paladin
    3.Elementalist
    4.Archer
    5.Priest

6.Ranger
    7.Necromancer
    8.Bard
    9.Duelist
    10.Fighter
    11.Assassin
    12.Healer
    13.Barbarian
    14.Beastfighter
    15.Weaponsmith

16.Monk
    17.Farmer
    18.Thief
    19.Mindcrafter
    20.Merchant

21.Druid
    would prefer duelist to be much higher but other than looks pretty good. elementalist is a bit boring for me but since this is going to be turn restricted i can see why they might work well.

Quote Originally Posted by elenie View Post
    Hi there, late to the party. Looking forward to playing on Team Earth! I'll probably be online at odd times since I live in Australia.
    i'm in AU as well so shouldn't be a problem.

1.Wizard
    2.Paladin
    3.Archer
    4.Elementalist
    5.Priest

6.Ranger
    7.Duelist
    8.Necromancer
    9.Bard
    10.Fighter
    11.Assassin
    12.Healer
    13.Barbarian
    14.Beastfighter
    15.Weaponsmith

16.Monk
    17.Farmer
    18.Thief
    19.Mindcrafter
    20.Merchant

21.Druid

Moved duelist up a bit and elementalist down one. This look okay to everyone? Any last minute suggestions?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

yeah looks fine though i don't really play rangers too often

Looks great to me! Rangers are easy to play, cos the are all rounded.

I'm ready to roll.

Sounds great, can't wait to see what classes we get.

I'm okay with the list, let's do it!
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Here's our class picks:
    Wizard, Ranger, Bard, Thief, (Chaos Knight)

Not too bad, IMHO. Not much different from what we were expecting. We have High Elf, Dark Elf, Gnome, Ratling, Troll for our races.

This would be my suggestion for lineup:
    High elf Wizard
    Dark elf Ranger
    Gnome Bard
    Troll Thief
    Ratling CK