Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOMPossible: Team Earth Thread

Default ADOMPossible: Team Earth Thread

Hi everyone! This is the official thread for Team Earth, where we can discuss strategy, upload/download our characters, etc.

The first thing that we should probably do is figure out what classes we like. What we want to do is come up with a list, in order, of the classes that we as a team prefer to play. Each team will be assigned the classes that they'll be playing based on the list they submit, but there won't be overlap--so if Team Air has Wizard as their #1 pick, and we have Wizard as our #1 pick, if Team Air drafts before us, then they get a wizard, and we get our #2 pick.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Hi everyone! This is the official thread for Team Earth, where we can discuss strategy, upload/download our characters, etc.

The first thing that we should probably do is figure out what classes we like. What we want to do is come up with a list, in order, of the classes that we as a team prefer to play. Each team will be assigned the classes that they'll be playing based on the list they submit, but there won't be overlap--so if Team Air has Wizard as their #1 pick, and we have Wizard as our #1 pick, if Team Air drafts before us, then they get a wizard, and we get our #2 pick.
    my 2 cents would be:

1) Wizard
    2) Archer
    3) Duelist
    4) Weaponsmith
    5) Paladin
    6) Assassin
    7) Mindcrafter
    9) Priest
    8) Barbarian
    10) Healer
    11) Bard
    12) Monk
    13) Beastfighter
    14) Druid
    15) Farmer
    16) Fighter
    17) Ranger
    18) Chaos Knight
    19) Merchant
    20) Thief
    Last edited by Carter; 01-21-2014 at 05:04 AM.

Here's my suggested list FWIW (I've put a * next to classes with Healing and + next to those with Herbalism):

1. Wizard*+
    2. Archer
    3. Paladin*
    4. Druid*+
    5. Priest*+

6. Barbarian+
    7. Beastfighter*+
    8. Elementalist*+
    9. Necromancer+
    10. Ranger*+

11. Monk*
    12. Healer*+
    13. Duelist*
    14. Bard
    15. Assassin

16. Fighter
    17. Farmer+
    18. Weaponsmith
    19. Mindcrafter+
    20. Chaos Knight

21. Merchant+
    22. Thief
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-21-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Hey hey team! I'm super psyched about this!

Ok, so I don't have a lot of classes that I've played with, but here is my list:

1/2. Wizard -super easy, but I'm sure someone else sould play this than me.
    1/2. Monk - My personal favourite and tied for the first place beacause of explanation above.
    3. Ranger -skillset combinet with good race keeps this baby alive for me.
    4. Chaos Knight - Got excited about this one and played around with it, I can take this through UD immediately most of the time.
    5. Duelist - so much like monk, so I think this is a strong choice for me.

The following classes I arranged without explanations, cos I don't have much experience with them and just listed them in the order of playstyle etc.
    6.Druid
    7.Barbarian
    8.Beastfighter
    9.Fighter
    10.Necromancer

11.Weaponsmith
    12.Assassin
    13. Farmer
    14.Priest
    15.Bard

16.Healer
    17.Mindcrafter
    18.Archer (for some reason I can't get these to start)
    19.Elementalist
    20.Paladin

21.Thief
    22. Merchant

Was that all? I suppose.

ok, there goes my list:

1. Wizard
    2. Bard
    3. Necromancer
    4. Duelist
    5. Healer

6. Merchant
    7. Elementalist
    8. Ranger
    9. Priest
    10. Archer

11. Beastfighter
    12. Monk
    13. Chaos Knight
    14. Paladin
    15. Fighter

16. Barbarian
    17. Assassin
    18. Farmer
    19. Weaponsmith
    20. Druid

21. Mindcrafter
    22. Thief
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Hi Team Team. Just a reminder in case you missed it in the main thread. One of our (now five) classes will be a chaos knight, and that class can be removed from the formal ranking list.

[edit]A few other things to keep in mind when making our list. Our missions are turn-limited (about 6000 turns per mission on average), which means that we will need to be reasonably quick to complete them. This may mean that classes with early survival difficulties or need extensive herb training/smithing/whatever to be competitive are probably less desirable than classes that can get started immediately.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-21-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Here's our assigned races. Dark Elf, High Elf, Troll, Ratling, Gnome. It's not that fantastic of a collection to work with. Except for the troll, none of them are particularly good survivor races. But we can work with this, I think. Also note that there is going to be a lot of competition for casters, given the racial distributions of all of the teams. Here's my thoughts on strategy:

-Aim to get two classes that start with elven chain mail for both of our elves. While they're still weak to stone traps, which we can't really do anything about, starting with 5 PV will help these guys a tonne.
    -Aim to get one caster class for gnome. I know an elf caster is more powerful, but gnomes are pretty piss-poor as non-casters. They have among the worst starting gear of any race, on average, so might as well make them something to take advantage of their strengths. Gnomes do have a good chance of getting Heir, which makes Bard a good possibility. Gnome healer is a sneaky choice as well since their heir gift is elven chain.
    -Ratling chaos knight. I think this is probably the best use for a bad race.
    -Troll gets whatever is left, except maybe something obviously unfit like mindcrafter. Regardless of class, a troll is usually tough enough to get started without too much trouble.

Classes that start with elven chain are: Fighter, Paladin*, Ranger*, Assassin, Priest*, Smith, Archer. Starred classes start with elven chain and healing.

In an ideal world, this is what I think I would aim for, that maybe we can reasonably get:
    High elf priest
    Dark elf ranger
    Gnome healer
    Ratling CK
    Troll thief (I don't like thieves, particularly, just whatever is left, as I said).

Ok, I got some basic-basic questions first.

We get one mission, so does only one person start the mission or everyone?
    How often do we save, can we save at free will and what does dying mean gamewise?
    What happens if one succeeds or fails a mission?

If there's a noobie FAQ somewhere, please link it.

The main thread has some of the details. Here's a more in depth version.

Our team will have 5 characters made up of our assigned races and classes. We will then receive a mission. For example, mission 1 might be "Kill a goblin". Then each of us will choose one of the five characters and attempt the mission. For each one of us that is successful, we earn one point for our team. Once each of us has attempted our mission, we'll be assigned a new one. We will exchange characters and attempt to complete the second mission. And so on.

Once your character is created, you should immediately save and upload your character to this thread before continuing, so that if you die, we have a backup. Other than that, you can save whenever you want. Of course, you can't savescum, but you aren't required to complete your mission in 1 sitting (they should take an hour or two, but maybe a bit longer if you play slowly). At the end of your mission, you will save your game and upload your PC onto this thread, where the other players can download him/her.

If you die, then at the start of the next mission, the next player will use the save from the previous mission. Ie, if you die while attempting mission 3, then the player starting mission 4 will have to use the previous savegame: the one from the end of mission 2 (since there is no mission 3 save due to player death). We will receive no points for this. If you don't die, but otherwise fail the mission (usually, this will mean you ran out of turns before completion), then you can save and the next player will pick up where you left off, but with the new mission objectives instead of the old ones.

Make sense?

Actually, yes!

So we will continue playing the same 5 PCs, but the players change behind the character.
    Will the mission continue to increase with difficulty, so would slow and steady be much more important in the long run, to ensure a leveled PC with better gear? Obviously earning points is the most important, but anyway...

PS. Star sign scumming not allowed?
    PPS. When the time comes, need help to find the button to 'upload' (don't laugh)