Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOMPossible: Team Earth Thread

Just rolled Azatri, the dark elf ranger:

Azatri.svg

I did a few test runs before (obligatory disclaimer: no cherry picking, test chars were just for testing and getting a feel for how fragile DE rangers are) and found I was getting a very broad variety of stats, so I had real wimps and others that could hold kind of hold their own.
    My best test char did manage to kill Keethrax, but it was extremely close and annoying with the darkness, so unless I feel like a real powerhouse I'll go for the si. Also went male for extra strength, though the char actually came out ok anyway (= literate and not with St 6).

Will play the char in a bit. I can now actually record video (though CamStudio asks to install a bunch of crapware, luckily it seems you can decline it all), though the quality is nothing to write home about. I'll try recording my session and see what size it ends up as.

There goes Lucindah, salamander-born female gnomish bard.

Stats are great, all above 12, Charisma 25, Mana 20.
    Four starting talents were spent on Heir + Long Stride.
    Skillset highlights: Alchemy, Athletics, Concentration, Swimming, and, welp, Healing.
    Low Music skill (64) with crappy instruments (lute being the best) seems to be the only downside of this char.

Though Herbalism is kinda needed, and Keethrax is kinda manageable for this char, i really don't feel like taking risks on the very first mission, so i think i'll be going for the si. Also will probably leave Rynt/Druid quests unactivated just for now.

Will play the mission shortly and record a video.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Frankie; 01-25-2014 at 10:36 AM.
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Can't believe it, already dead...
    Not much to say, i went to PC to level up a bit, on the 3rd floor my stupid racoon triggered the snake pit, one of the snakes used its last chance before i was able to flee to deliver a goodbye-crit, the poison turned out to be too strong.

Edit: Seems like i couldn't get CamStudio to record properly, so no video... Bad day for me.
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Ok.

HE Wizard started.

Good LE - 19, and decent other stats though TO is 10.

Started with Magic Missile and Magic Map. So decided the DD was the way to go for the challenge.

Half way down, about DD4 there was a massive room of orcs, which dropped 3-4 spell books of various types, including... acid ball! I decided the druid was going to go. Luckily he was right near the entrance, so no cats killed (i think, i fired a few missiles in the dark...)

got out, got the potion of cure corruption DIDN'T take the druid reward yet (knowledge vs power) as herbalism was quite low at that point and gardening is obviously pretty sweet.

Also SORRY - tried my luck with a mithril halberd found in the DD - it was cursed i think we're stuck with it for awhile.

then went over the CoC.

D3 : Arena, bought some lizards, didn't explore too much and kept going down.

On D4 i found a boots of seven leagues. I think they might be cursed or uncursed as they don't seem to make much difference.

<WARNING>
    ~D5 there is a serious problem with ochre jellies getting out of control. There was also a *massive* dual shudder room / tension room which caused chaos, there are alot of snakes randomally appearing.. TBH that level is a bit of a nightmare.
    Magic Missile castings are also running low so i've been book casting which doesn't help. I had to pray on the way out as i was at 2hp and surrounded... so i suspect our piety *maybe* has one heal left. I've sealed off one side of the level and we have a wand of door creation so shouldn't be impossible to lock them in at the top right hand corner of the map.

The next level down has a 2x2 herbs patch which has filla and pettles.

D7 i think is the big room. The downstairs is literally, right next to upstairs, so that was easy. The room below is also quite close but i turned back and didn't make it to dwarftown yet as i thought i might be running out of turns and wanted to have another crack at the ochres.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screenshot

.................................................. ......
    .................................................. ......
    .....................T............................ .......
    .................................................. .......
    .................................................. ........
    ............................................@.@... ......T.
    ................======............T............... ........
    ...............========........................... .......
    ................T======................#####...... .......
    .................=====.................# #............
    ...............====....................# /............
    ................==.....................# .#...........
    .......................................# ###...........
    ............T.................T......... ...........
    ......................................... ...........
    ................................................T. .
    ....................................... ....

Questor St:14 Le:19 Wi:19 Dx:19 To:10 Ch:15 Ap:16 Ma:22 Pe:20 L
    DV/PV: 22/4 H: 39(41) P: 90(90) Exp: 10/20419 MML M: 5689
    Burdened Coward
    Last edited by Carter; 01-25-2014 at 03:27 PM.

I' gonna do my run tomorrow, if I don't get too anxious tonight to wait.

Anyway, not much testing required for me, just gotta make that run to CoC and grab SI. If i get good light source maybe I'll go for Phial.

Gratz JellySlayer for our first point!

Btw. gonna make a YAVP about this if I can manage it, but just got first ULE before writing this post!

Edit: Gratz Carter also!
    Last edited by Sangrealman; 01-25-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Here's my savegame, btw.

Sorry to hear about your death Frankie, I had high hopes for the bard, but they're very frail early

Congrats Carter!
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Just played my session, and luckily I lived. The artifact I retrieved is the si.

Azatri.zip

Here are my notes:
    Azatri, male DE Ranger (Cup)

starting talents: Alert, Long Stride
    additional talents: Hardy, Tough Skin

First kill: large bat

Dungeon features
    DD: antiseptics room (3)
    D: chaotic altar (1), bookshelf room (1), beehive (3), yellow pool (3), big room (6), gnoll vault (7)

Intrinsics:
    acid resistance

Notes:
    found iron boots [-1, +4] on DD 5
    Keethrax generated at char lvl 2!
    killed Kranach
    learned pickpocketing
    D3 has both a beehive and a yellow pool, which I found out by trying to stand on the "beehive" :-)
    big room has morgia / mareilon patch
    almost died in the big room, got chased by a dark elven warrior (no poison resist) while not knowing where down stairs were
    found large shield on D7
    D7 has the dark elven warrior running around, plus a largely intact gnoll/hyena vault
    got the SI on D8
    D9 is dwarftown
    Thrundarr's quest is for a wraith, nice
    also picked up portal quest
    ate Ankheg corpse
    stun resist ring got shredded by a trap
    got to Minstrel's glade a few hundred turns early, spent the extra turns using holy symbol

For the next player:
    We're only lvl 8. No really great gear, especially missile weapons suck (I had two slings drop, that's it). Kitty karma is intact.
    Caveat: We're only resistant to acid, NO POISON RESISTANCE. We converted to NC and do not have a lot of piety (probably 1 prayer max). No teleport control.
    To do when time permits: maybe convert altar on D1, get some herbs, kill Keethrax
    Get miser + treasure hunter, since I chickened out and went for +1 PV first.

I did record the entire run (40 min?) but the videos are coming out too large (AVI file is over 1GB, SWF conversion came up with a 7 part video and 139 MB total).
    Not recording audio, using "Cinepak Codec" with a few settings I stole from another ADOM thread (20 frames/sec, quality 60, key frame every 30 sec). I guess I need a different codec and/or bump down the frame rate, possibly?

My video came out at 460 Mb with no audio. I don't know a lot about making more efficient videos, I'm afraid. Maybe ask GordonOverkill or Silfir... they've made a lot for YouTube.

Congrats on successful completion btw.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-26-2014 at 02:16 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

3 successes? That's a nice start.

I'm gonna do my run asap when I get home, yesterday IRL got in the way.