Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOMPossible: Team Earth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    i'm guessing the next one is to kill a steel golem which is going to be pretty tough for all of the current NPCs (unless the wizzie can get lightning ball)
    Wizard actually already has acid ball, which is just as good for this purpose. Unfortunately, only 19 Wi means you have to use at melee range, which is a little dangerous with only ~40 max HP. The PC does also have 7lbs though... also has access to morgia (potential of only 12, but that can be circumvented). If we have time to safely train up To, it's probably worth our while under almost any circumstance anyway.

So Sangreal wants Ranger, Carter wants CK. Any preferences elenie or Frankie? I'm willing to try the Bard if nobody else wants it, but I haven't really come up with any particularly good plans for him yet, so if someone has better ideas, maybe they should take him.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Well, I can't really plan until I know what the mission is (including the list of places that are off limits), so you have an advantage there :-). I'm happy to take any of our current characters, though the bard will be tough no matter what (may die randomly at the start, fewer turns to catch up to post-round 1 level).

Hopefully next mission will start soon. I believe there is only one player from Team Indecisive who has yet to finish.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Okay, now that mission is up, a few more detailed thoughts.

This mission is tricky, but definitely possible.

Newly accessibly areas are Pyramid, CoC to Khelly, DDL/VDDL and NDC for the golem. We have 6k turns, except for Bard with 9k.

Access to CoC with Khelly means we have a shot at doing most of Thrundarr quests, at least if we can get first monster done. DH/AF is somewhat risky since most of our characters are not so strong though. Big Punch can do enough damage to knock out the golem, I think, though you'd have to be strong enough to tank him in melee as well. It's tedious, but scumming wilderness for arrows of slaying from barbarians is probably not a terrible strategy for our weakest PCs, particularly the bard. Slaying ammo is by far the best way to complete this mission, IMHO. Even 5 arrows of (construct) slaying are probably enough.

It'd be nice to get to the Pyramid for the ankh (and AMW for characters who need to do the Arena). Our PCs all need over 50k xps to get to level 13 though, so you'd have to be pretty efficient in your kills to get there. Might not be feasible this mission. Any PCs with item detection or magic map should grab the teleport wand from VDDL and booze it up. Could save our lives against the golem, especially with control. Building up our characters with herb access seems very worthwhile as well, of course.

The good news is that we don't need to travel very far. We basically have 5500 turns to do whatever we want, then 500ish turns to kill the golem at the end. Remember that it's far, far better to just run out of turns than to die to the golem, so if you aren't strong enough by 6000 turns, it might be safest just to pass on the mission and give up the point (but not be dead!)

I think I will take the Bard, if nobody minds.

[edit]I've sent everyone one other important strategy note via private message.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 01-29-2014 at 09:24 PM.

So thief and wizard left. Any preferences, Frankie? I'm leaning towards the wizard but happy to play either.

I think i'll go with the thief then.
    All roads lead to Chaos in the end..

Do we think its worth converting the CK to neutral for the drafttown quests? either that or i will just plow down to kelly and look for moonsickle which is pretty bitching for a chaos knight.

Worth thinking about. Our class powers aren't too important right now. Worth getting Healing too.

Died with the bard

Was hoping to do a quick CoC run to get to DT and maybe find something good in the shop. Character just had dreadful luck. 7lbs were destroyed by the first door trap on D:1. Everything pretty much went downhill from there. Had to dodge a bunch of ghuls early on, there were bees in the Big room. Got down to D:9, where I opened a jelly vault which caused a lot of problems, and then got cornered/paralyzed by a DE priestess just around the corner.

Sorry guys.

doh.

so how many moves does he have next time? 15k?