Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOMPossible: Team Fire

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    To be honest Soirana, I've come to despise casting classes and rarely play them (or even know too much about them at this point), so you should take my opinions on them much less seriously than the melee classes
    Well, most democratic approach I guess would be just summarize all lists [assingning each class sum of numbers in each list] and making final list from these scores [least scoring classes goes first].
    After that we can suggest changes....or accept it I guess. I sincerely foresee simply purposing to switch necro and priest in places.

So we need one more list from currently unsassigned 5th spot on the tem to proceed. Can wait a tad I guess.

Sure, that sounds fine. Knowing now how drafting works, I think I will rework my list a bit - we won't know draft order in advance, so we'll have to put some of the classes everyone wants up top. And that sure won't be duelist...

I guess I'll also wait on the race postings.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Fire: Troll, Grey Elf, Dwarf, Hurthling, Ratling

This bumps a lot of melee classes imo. Looks like everyone else got at least three(!) very caster-friendly classes (elfs, gnomes).

edit: which is not me saying that we couldn't run a wizard or what-have-you on any of these, but it does probably mean that everyone else is going to have at least two casters in their top 5.
    Last edited by SirTheta; 01-21-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)

Proverbial list so far:

Barbarian -7+2+3+1 --13
    Wizzard 1+5+7+8 --21
    duelist 7+unrated+1+4 --12+ [ currently 10 as middle score]--22
    Priest 6+9+5+2 --22
    Beastfighter 8+8+4+5 --25

Monk - 13+7+2+3 --25
    Archer - 4+1+14+7 --26
    Druid 2+10+6+9 --27
    Elementalist- 5+3+9+12 --29
    Paladin - 10+4+10+6 --30

Necromancer 3+17+8+15-- 43
    Assassin 11+15+11+11--48
    Ranger 12+13+13+16 --54
    Weaponsmith 14+6+17+18--55
    Healer 16+11+18+14 --59

Fighter 19+14+15+13--61
    Farmer 17+12+21+19 --69
    Thief 20+16+16+21--69
    Bard - 15+19+19+17 --70
    Merchant 18+18+20+22--78

Mindcrafter unrated.
    No too tragic. And not too unfitting our race choices.

Fire: Troll, Grey Elf, Dwarf, Hurthling, Ratling
    Let me think - troll probably gets weakest class. dwarf, hurthling, ratling are probably good enough to do anything, which leaves question what is idea behind elf.

Elf could be caster [not priest, IMHO, elf with no offensive spells will die too fast.], archer or some melllee class... I've hear some love for Ge barbs although it neither utilizes Ge nor barb very well.

Given race combo mindcrafter might be decent choice - at least does not need books and ratling/dwarven fighter type with confusion blast is rather reasonable.

Edit: GE for chaos knight?
    Last edited by Soirana; 01-21-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Some thoughts:

I'd actually bump necromancers up a lot now - I don't think it's likely to be TOO high in other's lists, so we have a more realistic shot of getting it.

Mindcrafter looks a lot more appealing now.

If we don't put a caster on the GE, that's where I'd put the CK. High mana = extra talent, plus strength and toughness are not a big problem.

Weaponsmith would be nice for the hurthling - eliminates St problem, huge synergy with To.

Beastfighter takes a hit since we don't have Find Weakness. Barb doesn't have FW, but you don't need it for 5/6 of its crowning gifts. Duelist/Monk already have FW and are great paired with Dwarf or Ratling. Assassin also looks attractive for high crit rate + FW.

edit: I'm going to think a little more and redo my rankings based on race.

edit: I'm going to think a little more and redo my rankings based on race.
    Would be nice if you [or anyone else] would just repost new rankings instead of editing old ones. Easier to track down.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Okay quick test - which part of picture below you do identify yourself with?
    A) HARE
    B) TORTOISE
    C) JET ENGINE
    D) SEXY STRAPS?

Attachment 2120

And, yes, thank you for your contribution.
    Even though I'd love to identify the most with the jet engine (once started going faster and faster straight forward wirhout anything beeing able to stop it) I have a lot of sypathy for the curious and innocent rabbit, who is about to get a headbutt to the balls by the turtle once the jet engine is set off ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Would be nice if you [or anyone else] would just repost new rankings instead of editing old ones. Easier to track down.
    Yep

New ranking:
    1. Elementalist – this would be a great choice paired with Hurthling for fast leveling.
    2. Necromancer – backup. would go well with Troll since we aren't going to want/need any of their class powers (it's all related to slaves)
    3. Assassin – this is a really easy class, 50k-ish runs are no problem even puttering around.
    4. Duelist – if we crown with executor, it's game over; even otherwise, they have excellent crowning gifts and are hard to kill.
    5. Monk – I have a weakness for monks. also pairs great with Hurthling, Ratling, and especially Dwarf (go straight for Steel Skin, do not pass go, do not collect $200).
    6. Barbarian – great crowning gifts.
    7. Mindcrafter – mindcrafters are fun, why not.
    8. Paladin – great starting equipment on dwarves.
    9. Archer – since we have a Hurthling, could work very well. Rocks are easy to come by and will train St (since they are heavy)
    10. Ranger – class powers suck until you hit level 40 (at which point we will hopefully be on D:50!), so good for Trolls.
    11. Farmer – great for trolls since level 12 power reduces food consumption and other ones suck.
    12. Weaponsmith – would go well with the Hurthling.
    13. Beastfighter – could work on the Dwarf/Ratling
    14. Fighter – class powers suck, okay crowning gifts, good for Troll.
    15. Healer – have FW, class powers are meh beyond 12, good for Troll.
    16. Wizard – likely have no chance of getting
    17. Druid – likely have no chance of getting
    18. Priest – likely have no chance of getting.
    19. Bard – could be either really great or really poor depending on skillset.
    20. Thief – could work on the Troll since backstabbing goes to x2 at level 12. Otherwise, meh.
    21. Merchant – not a big fan of merchants.

edit: after compiling this ranking, I am leaning HEAVILY towards CK for our GE. I think it will be the best option.
    Last edited by SirTheta; 01-21-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prototypeXXsupercool View Post
    Even though I'd love to identify the most with the jet engine (once started going faster and faster straight forward wirhout anything beeing able to stop it) I have a lot of sypathy for the curious and innocent rabbit, who is about to get a headbutt to the balls by the turtle once the jet engine is set off ;-)
    Okay, bunny, would you mind finishing decent job and giving ratings to mindcrafter and duelist?

16. Wizard – likely have no chance of getting
    17. Druid – likely have no chance of getting
    18. Priest – likely have no chance of getting.
    I think it is a bit false thinking [and not cause it was gut's theory originally]. Putting wizzard first does not hamper getting anything else, it just gives as 20% chance of getting it.
    No if with our race status it is better get wizzard over barbarian assuming we get to pick first I am not so sure.

In general if one wants to play current system downgrading contested picks achieves nothing [except increasing opposition chances to get them], promoting certain classes if one thinks these are better to snipe out due to good race/class combo is another deal. Can't think of class worth heavily promoting although....
    Last edited by Soirana; 01-21-2014 at 04:07 PM.