Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: ADOMPossible: Team Fire

That's fair enough - I just prefer Elementalist and Necromancer (which will probably be contested picks, but which I think we can get one of), and I didn't want to accidentally luck into another casting class over something like Assassin, so I had them at 6-8 originally. At that point, I figured we had 0% chance of getting them, so I just moved them way down. I've restored my original order below, but I don't think it will change anything.

1. Elementalist – this would be a great choice paired with Hurthling for fast leveling.
    2. Necromancer – backup. would go well with Troll since we aren't going to want/need any of their class powers (it's all related to slaves)
    3. Assassin – this is a really easy class, 50k-ish runs are no problem even puttering around.
    4. Duelist – if we crown with executor, it's game over; even otherwise, they have excellent crowning gifts and are hard to kill.
    5. Monk – I have a weakness for monks. also pairs great with Hurthling, Ratling, and especially Dwarf (go straight for Steel Skin, do not pass go, do not collect $200).
    6. Wizard – likely have no chance of getting.
    7. Druid – likely have no chance of getting.
    8. Priest – likely have no chance of getting.
    9. Barbarian – great crowning gifts.
    10. Mindcrafter – mindcrafters are fun, why not.
    11. Paladin – great starting equipment on dwarves.
    12. Archer – since we have a Hurthling, could work very well. Rocks are easy to come by and will train St (since they are heavy)
    13. Ranger – class powers suck until you hit level 40 (at which point we will hopefully be on D:50!), so good for Trolls.
    14. Farmer – great for trolls since level 12 power reduces food consumption and other ones suck.
    15. Weaponsmith – would go well with the Hurthling.
    16. Beastfighter – could work on the Dwarf/Ratling
    17. Fighter – class powers suck, okay crowning gifts, good for Troll.
    18. Healer – have FW, class powers are meh beyond 12, good for Troll.
    19. Bard – could be either really great or really poor depending on skillset.
    20. Thief – could work on the Troll since backstabbing goes to x2 at level 12. Otherwise, meh.
    21. Merchant – not a big fan of merchants.
    Last edited by SirTheta; 01-21-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

1. Barbarian -suits every race.
    2. Monk -just not the gray elf.
    3. Paladin -for versality and easier early game then most other classes
    4. Duelist
    5. Archer
    6. Weaponsmith -solid class for our hurthling.
    7. Beastfighter -works with our races.
    8. Elementalist -just rolled a few and they seems to be bit safer picks than other casters
    9. Druid- no idea in what order casters should go.
    10. Wizard
    11. Priest -only dwarfs/elves gets something extra from this class
    12. Necromancer -maybe he can pack right books but still cant concentrate enough to recover PP at decent rate.
    13. Assassin
    14. Mindcrafter -rat.
    15. Ranger
    16. Healer -troll/rat
    17. Fighter -playable for gray elfs
    18. Farmer -troll
    19. Bard -poor chances for hire gift
    20. Thief
    21. Merchant

Gray Elven CK is a great idea. Also Troll should take weakest class. Hurthlings CKs are not bad - usually decent speed and archery is a nice combination + very good: St,To for a Hurthling. It is worth to consider pairing Rats with illiterate(low Le) class -detect item status is a blessing then.
    I'll play some casters a bit. Need to convince myself that they can be played safely at the beggining.

Also, I guess we should discuss keeping abreast of what happens to characters. I don't really have time to view 18-24k turns of video for some characters in rotation, so I suggest a simple Google Doc that anyone here can edit (we can roll back changes if it is sabotaged by other players ). Then, we can just paste in a verbose write-up of what happened during our turn, and each member can review what has happened to the character before playing.

Also, if we don't have at least two-three casters in our top 5, we aren't going to get any, so regardless of what our average preferences are, we're probably going to have to adjust that in the final rankings before we submit to JS.
    Last edited by SirTheta; 01-21-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)

Here is my new ranking. I just recenty read the Dragonlance books, so if we get the weaponsmith, we should combine it with the dwarf. Would be pretty cool to have Flint Fireforge in our team!

1. Archer
    2. Barbarian
    3. Elementalist
    4. Duelist
    5. Paladin
    6. Wizzard
    7. Weaponsmith
    8. Farmer
    9. Monk
    10. Beastfighter
    11. Priest
    12. Druid
    13. Healer
    14. Ranger
    15. Fighter
    16. Mindcrafter
    17. Assassin
    18. Thief
    19. Necromancer
    20. Merchant
    21. Bard

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Also, I guess we should discuss keeping abreast of what happens to characters. I don't really have time to view 18-24k turns of video for some characters in rotation, so I suggest a simple Google Doc that anyone here can edit (we can roll back changes if it is sabotaged by other players ). Then, we can just paste in a verbose write-up of what happened during our turn, and each member can review what has happened to the character before playing.
    Anything even notepad will work. Simple journals about new instrincts, items, and specials rooms will suffice i guess? Anyway i'd like to know what you want to see in those journals.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Also, if we don't have at least two-three casters in our top 5, we aren't going to get any, so regardless of what our average preferences are, we're probably going to have to adjust that in the final rankings before we submit to JS.
    My list is representing my personal ranking of class survivality/potential of fininsing game at first try. Most likely its no good when it comes to strategy in picking classes. So feel free to manipulate final ranking to get us any advantage possible. Casters are just too random for me. I play them rarely and i dont feel i can pass early game more than 1/234758923745 times - just traps/rats/no mana/no room for running. Later every caster I played was almos unstoppable - at least until his magic missle range was shorter than two times distance between him and that fucking wall.

infe: Sure, notepad will work for personal use, but since we all need to be able to read it, I think an online accessible repository where all notes can be viewed for character in one place would be useful. Definitely open to alternatives to google docs though . As for what you want to see..definitely intrinsics and any special rooms you come across. If you trap kitties, that's nice to know, same for if you run across a blink dog and don't have time to milk it for +TCtrl. Items in your inventory that you sort of know what they are/aren't, but that isn't immediately visible. Where you've established a stash - that kind of stuff. In general, major highlights one can't get from viewing character equipment/inventory should suffice.

Okay, mine revised list

1. wizzard
    2. elementalist
    3. druid
    4. necromancer
    5. archer
    6. priest
    7. Barbarian
    8. mindrafter
    9. Duelist
    10. Paladin
    11. Assassin
    12. Beastfighter
    13. weaponsmith
    14. Monk
    15. ranger
    16. Healer
    17. Bard
    18. farmer
    19. merchant
    20. fighter
    21. Thief

I still think caster anything is pretty good.

So totals would be like:

elementalist 1+8+3+2 --14
    Barbarian 9+1+2+7 --19
    wizzard 6+10+6+1 --23
    archer 12+5+1+5 --23
    duelist 4+4+4+9 --25

Paladin 11+3+5+10--29
    Monk 5+2+9+14 --30
    druid 7+9+12+3 --31
    priest 8+11+11+6 --36
    necromancer 2+12+19+4 --37

mindrafter 10+14+16+8 --38
    weaponsmith 15+6+7+13--41
    Assassin 3+13+17+11--44
    Beastfighter 16+7+10+12--45
    ranger --13+15+14+15--57

farmer --14+18+8+18 --58
    Healer -- 18+16+13+16 --63
    fighter --17+17+15+20 --69
    Bard --19+19+21+17 --76
    Thief -- 20+20+18+21 -79
    merchant --21+21+20+19 --81

So my prognosis on this list:
    druid/necro/priest - no bloody chance to get -personally I swap one of these [likely druid] with duelist. I mean do we seriously want to have a chance of ending with duelist as pick from first round? They are clearly not that good.
    Unless we pick 5th+6th and first 4 picks are casters we will likely end with duelist. [well, in theory might get necro since they are strangely unloved but i doubt]
    3rd round likely end either in monk or mindcrafter.
    4th - well one of sucker classes anyway.

So proposal is to move duelist down promoting either paladin or one of caster classes.

sure, move Druid up. I think all the caster classes will wind up going first round, so we should also switch Barb/Wiz and up Druid over Archer...should give us best chance of getting a solid caster class.

Well, Duelists are really, really, really good once you get some levels on them (-energy for attacks basically breaks the game). They're just like any melee class in the early game though.

I'm fine with moving the spellcasters up, aswell.

Anyway, it's important to get some effective race/class combos, no doubt about that, but in a competition scoring is not the only important thing to do. Specially since this is the internet we might think about setting some solid ground for humiliation and trashtalk. Maybe we should rank one of those "sucker classes" first...

My list:

1. Wizard
    2. Archer
    3. Elementalist
    4. Druid
    5. Necromancer
    6. Priest
    7. Barbarian
    8. Paladin
    9. Ranger
    10. Duelist
    11. Fighter (don't know why noone likes them, decent starting equipment will matter here, we don't want our guys to die early)
    12. Assassin
    13. Monk
    14. Bard
    15. Weaponsmith
    16. Healer
    17. Beastfighter
    18. Thief
    19. Mindcrafter (don't treat this too seriously, didn't play them much really)
    20. Farmer
    21. Merchant