Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become visible?

Default How to become visible?

I am playing an orc barbarian and I have a small problem: I am invisible and want to enter the Arena which I am not allowed to do. I know that there is a potion that fixes that but I don't have that. Are there any other ways to solve my problem? Like side effects of other potions or something?
    ________
    Yamaha ysr80
    Last edited by Pavel; 02-13-2011 at 02:57 AM.

No other way that I know of, other than drinking a potion of visibility.
    Last edited by Sidrick; 06-30-2009 at 10:06 PM.

curse invisibility makes you blind...
    ________
    Mazda c platform

You're right. Came back to edit it 5 minutes after I posted it.
    I should /never/ post pre-coffee.

Sipping from pools can remove invisibility, though it can also add many other good or bad things.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

Yeah, I know, that's how I got my invisibility. Unfortunately I am currently lacking easily accessible pools
    ________
    No2 vaporizer review

You'll just have to skip the quest. Personally I'd say it's no major loss - the benefits of being invis are quite nice, especially since you have backstabbing already.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Permanent invisibility is overrated. In the situations you really need invisibility, you get enough from potions and the like. If you don't have your AoLS wish yet, you'll probably be sipping pools anyway. I'd give it a try, unless your intrinsics are already top-notch (confusion, paralyzation, death ray resistance already installed).

In general I always do 19 arena fights as soon as possible, so I can do the last one easily with one potion of visibility if I have to.

Yeah, it's a tough choice but I also thing permanent invisibility is not so great. If I get it before the arena, I don't get depressed and I just ditch the arena, but I'm not really very happy either. The tactics skill is really useful, Big Punch can be nice if you can carry it, and the equipment from the dwarven elder is usually good. It probably depends on your class, though. With wizards, I usually have Strength of Atlas and thus can make some use of Big Punch, and the elder tends to give me a PoGA which is handy. So these advantages are probably better than invisibility which I can get indefinitely by bookcasting in most of my games.

unless you're relying heavily on companions, having permanent invis has no down sides after arena is done. I'm not sure how long you the visibility lasts after drinking potion, but one blessed might be enough if you tele cat out of arena with 1 charge.