Thread: Begginer Needs Help! Mist Elf Necromancer slave went hostile

Default Begginer Needs Help! Mist Elf Necromancer slave went hostile

Hi guys.

This is my first post in this forum. I am playing ADOM for a few months, but have never got too far into the game because i am not very attentive so i do many mistakes .

This time my lvl10 Mist Elf Necro, N= alignment, had a lvl20 Stone Statue, which was very powerful. On D12 i accidentally shot an arrow at it, trying to shoot a monster, because my slave had about 40hp and i was trying to protect it (doh). It immediately turned hostile and started to attack me.

Good thing i was on coward mode with not bad equipment and fire rezistance so i survived. I tried to heal it several times, but it is still hostile . Have read in wiki that slaves do not turn hostile, even if you batter them to death. This is why i posted here, maybe this whole thing is a bug?

Is there any possibility to make it friendly again? Or should i just kill it and move on (which is going to be pretty hard without it)?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the big text.

tl&dr: lvl 10 mist elf necro shoot lvl20 stone statue slave, making it hostile, asks if there is any possibility to make it slave again.

I think they don't become hostile if you force them to fight to near death, but if you attack a slave, I think they become hostile and stay that way. You may have to leave this one behind until you can kill it.

Ok, so i killed the statue, it was fairly easy, a couple of arrows and a frost bolt made it. I will certainly miss it, since it was a very good killer, 4 attacks of 15-25 damage was enough for it to kill all the monsters i encountered up to D12.

The sad thing is that it's the 3rd statue i lost. The first one died to Hotzenplotz, being at lvl 14. The second one, alo of lvl 14 died to a master swordsman in SMC, since i thought the statue would be strong enough to take on the monsters there (me being lvl 10), but it obviously wasn't. Now this one i had to kill myself and i am only left with 17 M from the 26 i had in the beggining, because of the statues costing 6 M points each .

I guess i will have to play it as a wizard, having lots of spells, although i don't have a way to deal with cats, my slaves used to kill them for me.

you can create a weak cat slayer and use for slaying cats only

Slaves also make excellent trap detectors.
    And don't discount the lowly homonculus. All slaves level up with you, so it has a lot more HP than the ones you encounter in the dungeon, and there are lots of annoying creatures that are vulnerable to its sleep attack.