Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi Guys! Just a few questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Superteeth View Post
    Didn't Biskup say he would increase the percentage chance for loot to drop to slightly counter the fixing of a lot of scumming techniques?
    Yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
    I have increased drop rates by a little less than 10%.

Edit -
    Last edited by Stingray1; 04-04-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Learn to learn.

Thanks everybody! Maybe I am just getting lucky!

So this is an odd question maybe, an is kind of evil, but a Dwarf Baby stole a lot of my stuff on the ground! Now I am lawful and trying to get in good with my god, but this kid has got to go! I managed to lure him to the level above the Dwarf Town and would like him dead. But I don't have a trap wand, and don't know how else I might do this? Is there any way to kill the kid without my alignment going way down? Could I throw a potion of youth at him to unbirth(?) him?

Also, I'm a weaponsmith, and while I do in fact have a forge(!) it is in the dungeon that goes to the mountain village which is very far away. Any tips on using the one in the dwarf town? (For Free I mean.) I do have a door making wand, and thought if there was a way to lure the owner out and lock him out that might work?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post

So this is an odd question maybe, an is kind of evil, but a Dwarf Baby stole a lot of my stuff on the ground! Now I am lawful and trying to get in good with my god, but this kid has got to go! I managed to lure him to the level above the Dwarf Town and would like him dead. But I don't have a trap wand, and don't know how else I might do this? Is there any way to kill the kid without my alignment going way down? Could I throw a potion of youth at him to unbirth(?) him?

Also, I'm a weaponsmith, and while I do in fact have a forge(!) it is in the dungeon that goes to the mountain village which is very far away. Any tips on using the one in the dwarf town? (For Free I mean.) I do have a door making wand, and thought if there was a way to lure the owner out and lock him out that might work?

Thanks again!
    You can swap with Glod until he is out of the shop (although I heard that he gets angry if you swap too many times with him, and it may take a while). Or you could lure the greater daemon from the final quest to him to get him killed by it. Or you could just kill him, the only other NPC that will get mad is Waldenbrook, I believe, but you may not be strong enough.

The dwarven child can be killed by a lured vortex, or a monster that uses a breath attack. If your alignment is high enough towards lawful, you could just kill him with a stray spell or arrow, and the alignment hit will be less. Or you could just not mind falling to neutral, because if you are at a low level a blessed amulet of order won't take long to bring your alignment to L+.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasher View Post

I would normally just shoot an arrow passed him that "accidentally" hits him. Usually you can kill lawful NPCs with minimal alignment hit this way. You could lure monsters over, I guess. One might just randomly start attacking him.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Pretty sure dwarf child has extra alignment hit built-in (since it is innocent creature). It might be -400 but shits if I actually know. You can't avoid it if you want to kill him, but L is a big range, it might not even budge you.

/Any/ NPC /can/ become hostile when switching. It's a small chance, you're unlikely to be able to truly anger Glod with it. Other ways (doors, pets) are needed.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Or bring in the banshee.
    I've never done this myself, but it sounded pretty effective when I read about it. If this sounds like a plan to you, make sure you have enough sources of deafness. And search for tips from the people who did do it. Since I didn't, there might be lots of possible dangers that I don't know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    Or bring in the banshee.
    I've never done this myself, but it sounded pretty effective when I read about it. If this sounds like a plan to you, make sure you have enough sources of deafness. And search for tips from the people who did do it. Since I didn't, there might be lots of possible dangers that I don't know of.
    Someone reported having trouble getting the Banshee past the Water Temple.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'd also like to thanks this Werewolf guy for killing the baby for me!

Also, Thanks to the nice people here I managed to lure Grond(?) to the level below the Dwarf Town so now I can use his forge.

Another question though! I wanted to lock the door to my new forge room but don't have a key for it. So I went to the Ratling in the Bad Guy Town to buy a small key. Now, he offered me keys to the whole mess(?) for almost 900 dollars! So I took it because, keys will be great right.

But, I think he only sold me a Tiny Key? I already have a tiny Key! I didn't even get to pick the key I wanted? Did I get ripped off?

And also, can I just kill this rattling to get my money back and get the keys?

Thanks!

You won't get your money back or the keys for killing him.

He will sell you one random key each time you buy from him.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

You're kind.
    Nice to see you