Thread: Now what? Jharod does not seem to be amused.

Default Now what? Jharod does not seem to be amused.

You kick the door and succeed in activating a hidden trap... Kaboom! The door was booby-trapped... You feel as if transgressing some law. Jharod does not seem to be amused. Jharod grunts one last time before he is consumed by the roaring flames! You are engulfed by the roaring flames! Congratulations! You advance to level 7.

From a game rewans was playing.
    Note: I don't actually need to be told now what.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

starts with shift, ends with Q
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I was always baffled by some messages - you'd think someone would be slightly more excited about his own death than just showing disapproval and a making a single grunt. Sounds like - "them kids and their door traps! When I was young people had the decency not to burn you alive when they enter your place. Bah!"

Incidentally, gut, check out your post count
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I have no idea what are the exact conditions for that "not amused" message - but it was very effective when I once attacked the emperor moloch with a ball spell. "The emperor moloch does not seem to be amused. *THUMB*"
    Last edited by Laukku; 04-19-2014 at 08:22 PM.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].