So, I was running a Dwarven Paladin born in the month of the Dragon. Seemed to have a touch of potential. Ran through the puppy cave without really attacking anything, to try and save the dog. Only got to level 2 at level 4 of the cave. Then I found a tower shield. Figuring that would be useful, I decided to equip it. MITHRIL TOWER SHIELD OH HADES YES! Needless to say, this guy managed to do much better than I expected to normally happen for the guy. He managed to get to the puppy, which is still kinda an achievement for me, but then in level 5 I was surrounded and backed into a corner with the puppy by giant ant warriors. I managed to slay them, but at a horrible cost: the puppy's life. I continued exploring the caves in a murderous rage, and managed to get, in the puppy cave, UP TO LEVEL TEN also an achievement for me, especially with a melee character. I returned to Terinyo, and got the quest to slay Hotsenplotz. I didn't expect to make it. I mean, I had good armor (somewhere in the 40s on DV, and high 20s PV) but Hotfoots hits hard and fast wirth his damnable poison. So I expected to die. Obviously, this should be clear from my tone I did not die from this. You're wondering where the bug comes in. I'm getting to it. I get to level 13 in CoC and, after taking some time to get the Golden Gladius, went into the Pyramid. During this time, I finally traded in the mithril tower shield in favor of a Crystal Large Shield which gave better DV/PV for the same negative to-hit modifier, and stormed the Pyramid. Cody (a friend), who had entered the pyramid only once, and died, tried warning me against it,. but I forged ahead anyways, and met Rehetep. using my level 12 ability to turn undead, even though I already had the Courage skill at 78 (my first kill was the Jackel), to keep some heat off me while I battled Rehetep and any who weren't scared off, such as the not undead Hydra, the clay statue, the slow shadow (no clue why it didn't work there) and a jackal Demon. everything else running and screaming, I took the effort to beat the living hell out of Rehetep, stunning cody as I slew him. We celebrated with air guitar solos. beating him, I get the ancient mummy wrapping and the ankh, and while I have no clue what the ankh did, the ancient mummy wrapping trumped my ring mail of order (I was already L+, so...) I had a quest to venture beyond the animated forest and THIS IS WHERE IT HAPPENED. I admit, I was running on the not windows version of ADOM, and I had the VLC player playing some music. Maybe it was all those damn trees movng around, but then, the music started playing funny. I got a bad feeling, and tried to save. It wasn't able to delete the tmp_data relating to my character, thus being able to save him. Theseus12, then Jackelope (to remember the first kill), then Admin after I killed some trolls by kicking them (It's ironically hilarious, I know), was lost, and became only known in the story I have now told you.