Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ice Queen Domain

Agreed, we finally have a reason to covet rings of fire. It's a nice touch that fire magic is disabled in her realm.

The ice statues hit really hard. I was L16 when I entered the moathouse and got my ass nearly handed to me by them. I used up 4 potions of extra healing clearing the first treasure room, then bugged out and returned when I was level 25. But I was happy to snag the crown of ice.

I finally did got a character far enough to do this quest, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. :-) The Haggar quest worked, I encountered a GUV on the penultimate level and a huge wand shop on level 1.

I was hoping I could talk to her about poor Ygazz, but she doesn't want to chat. I think it would be cool if you could ask her about various items and NPCs, like Thrundarr, and she responds with a bit of lore and backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen View Post
    The Haggar quest worked, I encountered a GUV on the penultimate level and a huge wand shop on level 1.

I was hoping I could talk to her about poor Ygazz, but she doesn't want to chat. I think it would be cool if you could ask her about various items and NPCs, like Thrundarr, and she responds with a bit of lore and backstory.
    I got a potion shop and a crappy ring shop, both small, neither with anything good in. Is this a thing, are shops more likely to turn up or coincidence?

My GUV had 10 emperor liches, 14 kings and a load of masters. screw that!

i was wondering about ygass too. maybe we'll find out more on the next release
    Last edited by YourMum; 05-05-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: can't spell 'spoiler'...

Does anyone know if the Ice Queen gives her quests to chaotics?

Quote Originally Posted by shockeroo View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ice Queen gives her quests to chaotics?
    She doesn't. Was a bummer to discover at lvl 50 C- :/
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Suspected she wouldn't - really glad I turned back before entering her throneroom now!

Regarding the ice queen quest rewards

I think I got

Anyone knows what the "you feel blessed in a very special way" for the first quest means?

What about more quests? After the third, she says something like "more work will be available later" but I returned at lvl 50 and she still said the same thing.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

"later" means in a later version of the game.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Hi, people. Could you please give me a hint on where all this "Ice Queen Domain" staff is found? I haven't played for years and am only starting to understand all the changes ADoM underwent since it's resurrection.