Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crit City - Mimic Difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Well, from the game screen that Tyrnyx posted:

Code:
    B             St:32  Le: 3  Wi:12  Dx:11  To:31  Ch: 8  Ap: 4  Ma:11  Pe:17 N=
    DV/PV: 44/32   H: -16(300)    P: 53(53)      Exp: 20/3113284    MT    Sp: 118
    Blessed Satiated
    He died with -16 health, no paralysis. The three HP talents add a total of 18. With that many extra HP he would have survived the round with 2 HP left.
    The combat round ends as soon you are dead (at least in melee), so who's to say that that was the last of mimic's attack?

On a related though,
    . Imagine an unspoiled player taking on the guy without -Para. If I ever get to finishing my lvl 50 priest (last play session ended with killing Ssrraxx; a lot of things left to do - Ice Queen domain, Scintillating Cave and Filk as well as whipping myself to neutrality - possibly the hardest part), I will be able to document my adventures on Chaos Plane in more detail and may drop a call here for spectating (the savefile is on the server).

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Those talents also get a lot better in p22 - the bug for Mist Elves is finally fixed and 18 HP is huge for them
    Good luck getting to 20 Toughness with nerf to -stat- potions and PoGAs (herb overtraining aside which is hopefully finally fixed in p22).
    Last edited by _Ln_; 04-25-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Andor without paralysis resistance was pretty much death even without penetrating attacks. It just took a really, really long time (in practice, he normally would end up just stat draining/corrupting you to death).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Well, from the game screen that Tyrnyx posted:

Code:
    B             St:32  Le: 3  Wi:12  Dx:11  To:31  Ch: 8  Ap: 4  Ma:11  Pe:17 N=
    DV/PV: 44/32   H: -16(300)    P: 53(53)      Exp: 20/3113284    MT    Sp: 118
    Blessed Satiated
    He died with -16 health, no paralysis. The three HP talents add a total of 18. With that many extra HP he would have survived the round with 2 HP left.
    that wud just mean he survives that round...next round he will die cause para hasnt e1 gone yet so atleast 2 more attacks then mayb para breaks and 2 more attacks...so a minimum of 4 more attacks left on the mimic.
    yes these skills will b marginally useful on elves i think , tho if u play elves u shud play it as a glass cannon imho

He's not paralyzed...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Clearly, we all greatly fear mimics. They are definitely up there on the list of killers. I understand that -para is important and I've heard that more -para items are going to be implemented... still, I think the question still stands: should mimics be tweaked weaker?
    Completed: All Races, All Classes. Twice.
    Fastest Run: Dwarf Mindcrafter - 34803 turns. No wand of tele.
    Challenge Games: C- CK (stupid ending), Platinum Girdle x10, Westside Story, Team Teleport - illiterate troll barb, Scroll of Omnipotence obtained
    ULE - DE Archer

I don't think so. Mimics are somewhat dangerous, but not overwhelmingly so, and they're pretty rare. Yes, on a bad run a master mimic or hivemind can crit for 300+, but so can a werewolf king, ancient dragon, diamond golem, etc.

They should not.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.