Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 50 Alignment issue

Default Level 50 Alignment issue

What a first post...I've been playing ADOM for a while, but this is the first time I've seriously needed advice.

I'm going for my first ultra ending with a drakish barbarian. I've done everything except crown lawful, but I've hit a snag. At some point during the Trident quest, I took an alignment hit and went from L+ to L, and for the life of me I can't seem to get it back up. Is it feasible to raise it at level 50, or should I just give up, drop it to N=, and crown neutral?

I've got several SoCR, and three magic writing sets with about 15 charges between them, so I'm not really hurting for corruption removal. Any advice?

If you have a healing spell, healing an injured companion is very efficient. Bring on to top of ToEF or Water Dragon Cave for continuous damage then spam cure light wounds on them.

Killing dragons/daemons etc. works okay. Go clear out the Fire Temple/any dragon vaults you missed if you haven't already. Or fight in the lower BDC.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Hm, barbarians will have trouble learning spells...
    Could try anyway. Scroll of familiar summoning for companion.

Not sure how it would work at lvl 50 as it is very difficult to change upwards at that level, but have you tried heading to the Blue Dragon Caves and killing ancient blue dragons? Not sure which version you are playing but if corruption isn't an issue killing enough of them brings you towards lawful, although somewhat slowly (plus you can get some great gear when fighting).

Never tried the curing method, but you if you have a scroll of familiar summoning (or hire Hawkeye/Flesh golem from HMW) you can let them fight and heal them.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    If you have a healing spell, healing an injured companion is very efficient. Bring on to top of ToEF or Water Dragon Cave for continuous damage then spam cure light wounds on them.
    I remember doing this from C- to L+. it took a looooooonnnnnnnnngggggggg time at L50. lol

Two other fast ways to gain alignment are feeding beggars lots of junk food, or lowering your PV and whipping yourself with a whip of slaughtering. But I haven't tried those ways at level 50, so I don't know how long it would take, or what the most efficient method is.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

I tried whipping at lvl 50 with a whip of slaughtering to get from CN to NC.. took me 20 minutes and I was still CN (it did improve by checking scrolls of balace, but slowly). It really depends on your toughness though - I had a high toughness so was too tough to take damage. Seeing as he is a Barbarian he is probably pretty tough too

My trick for that was cornering a beggar and force-feeding him 40gp at a time. But it was back in 1.1.1, not sure if still works.

I always liked how morality works in this game.
    "And light there be!"

IMHO we should RFE a minimum cut for diminishing with level lawful gains.

For example, if 1 point is always applied, you could put on an amulet of order and wait for 16k turns to get from C- to L+ without all current madness with spending a couple of RL hours to whip your PC back to neutrality.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.