Thread: Increased drop chance on PoGA?

Default Increased drop chance on PoGA?

So I would this this a coincidence, except I saw another poster comment on it too...

My current character (a level 17 DE Farmer who just finished the pyramid) has had 6 PoGA randomly dropped so far. And all my other characters who have made it past Dwarftown have had at least 3. Has the drop chance been drastically increased for this? Is it possibly a bug? Or just a big coincidence?

I thought that with my last few characters that got anywhere, but my current one has seen 2 and only one of those was a random drop. I'd like to think you're seeing a better drop rate but it might just be luck.

It was most likely caused by greatly increased number of monsters in p21-p22, and thus greatly increased amount of drop. We should wait until p23 and check things there before making any conclusions about drop rate for various items.

Maybe it's just me, but there seem to be significantly less cats in p22.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but there seem to be significantly less cats in p22.
    They are low-level monsters, and they relatively quickly fade into non-existance with goblins, orcs and rats together.

My most recent character has landed an absolute ton. Almost all of my stats were in the high 20's or low 30's region before I'd even tackled the tower (40,000 turns into the game). I'd say I must have found maybe 10 PoGAs.
    My orc thief just died.

luck of the draw. same thing used to happen to a lesser extent in p20 and before - somethings you'd get 3 or 4 POGA before TOEF randomly, and sometimes not. Sometimes you'd be literally swimming in 10+ potions of water, sometimes you'd be lucky to find 5.

in sum, conclusions based on very small sample size are unwarranted w/o knowledge of a change.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

I played a game in p16 or p17 where I was literally swimming in PoGA. I think I had found 12 or so randomly during the course of the game, not counting the guaranteed sources from quests or NPCs. The game I'm playing now I've come across 6 or so naturally which seems slightly high, but I assume it also has to do with the increased monster generation (I seem to have more of everything this game)

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Sometimes you'd be literally swimming in 10+ potions of water, sometimes you'd be lucky to find 5.
    My current character has about 25 water on him plus some others stashed somewhere. Certainly a lot of drops sure to the higher monster count, but also due to having nothing worth dipping :-(

My p22 winner found less the game. Many chars in my graveyard have found more than that around the pyramid.