Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADOM casts Necromancy! You rise from the dead...

I generally use altars to get +align. Getting -align is easy enough. Digging graves, or killing beggars after they give up a potion of booze. (I know, easy to do other things, but these two can even be beneficial). If no L altar is generated I usually make myself L at some point using amulet from sheriff, and convert at least one altar to L.

To get L+ for the crowning I use blessed amulet of order (it will take time, just do something meaningful meanwhile) unless char is level 35+, in which case either healing pets or self-flagellation is employed. Healing pets is very good, especially if you do it next to Jharod the healer, and char to him every now and then. (You can take a high-HP pet, get it very hurt in ToF or water cave, then lead it to VD:4 for the healing). Hawkslayer, or simply a SoFS-pet.

Self-flagellation might not work if natural PV (from talents or Toughness) is too high, but remember that rings of doom give -6 PV. Two of these might be enough.

Oh yes, I always save the Lawful quests for this time too. I never tell girl about dog & give her corpse until I need to for a crowning. I also do not talk to village leader after saving carpenter either (I already get healing from Jharod, so this only lowers food shop prices, not very useful). Killing Kranst Nief also, always save till later. Hotzenplotz is usually killed early on so I get amulet quickly, though.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

Yeah, only use altars for moves towards L, and only use 1 gp at a time/
    For moves towards C, milk beggars for booze and maybe dwarves for pickaxes.

As for Kranach, you can wish for him, or you can hang out in the wilderness. Your choice

When I start L and want N, I generally lure a child or two out of Terinyo and into a nearby forest. I'm not sure why, but they're generally very eager to follow me... until I start hitting them.

That last post would have been SO out of place anywhere but this forum....

"You give the child some candy. The child seems to be tamed. You leave Terinyo. The child follows you. You enter the wilderness. A child appears. You hit the child and seriously wounds him. The child looks at you with a hurt, puzzled expression. You hit the child and slay him. You feel your morals changing. Congratulations! You have advanced to level 2"
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

"You hit the tiny girl with a whip. You feel as though you
    are behaving in proper form."
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

dwarven bard = no trap deaths and a pretty nice pet to start.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.