Thread: Wand/salamander bonus PP

Default Wand/salamander bonus PP

Can anyone shed some light on how bonus % PP from sign work?

It says, that Salamander gives you additional 20% always and Wand gives you 10% if you're neutral. But neutral lvl1 Wands seem to always have much more PP than Salamander of the same RC combo, regardless of mana and wi. Is there a bug or something? Did anyone tested that?

Quote Originally Posted by persy View Post
    Is there a bug or something? Did anyone tested that?
    Well, for start testing is somewhat bad word in this forum - you should ask about speculating and dragging numbers out their arses.

Guess I could do some speculating and number dragging as well. All written below has no testing under it. [especially since I do not play wizzards]

So I consider whole PP system being bugged in general - in general Adom has wierdo system for calculating HP/PP via stats and levelups and without delving into stuff like [base] maxHP/maxPP and their usage - just let say HP and PP is calculated seriously differently.

Going back to starting question - both starsigns generally gives one time PP bonus at start and that is - from my memmories I do not believe lv 50 wand wizzy and candle wizzard on same stats through the game will have more differential than lv1 wizzies who started with same stats. [which means if one started with 30PP and other 20PP - they might end with 650 and 640 - assuming same stats].

On top of that that miniscule bonus seems to be calculated correctly for salamanders while wand borns get something like 10 extra pp boost on generation.
    Well, since salamander gives like 2-3 PP bonus through whole game... Guess there is reason no one thinks it is good star sign.
    Last edited by Soirana; 05-27-2014 at 06:37 AM.

This is sad :-(
    Thank you for the info.

For 1.1.1:
    Salamander: you get extra 20% Max PP (rounded down) when you eat corpses, get power corrupt, get Strong Aura/Mighty Aura talent, Wish for Power or absorb wand charges.

You also lose 12 points together with Mana Orb instead of 10 for everyone else and lose 20% more power points from using wands of destruction.

Blessed/Cursed Scrolls of power modify them for less than 5, so they are unaffected (BTW, due to a bug in 1.1.1 you don't get any permanent power points from blessed Scrolls of Power but still lose them if you read a cursed one. This has been fixed in 1.2p23).

Wand Sign gives flat 10 more power points if you are neutral at the start of the game.
    Last edited by SinsI; 06-01-2014 at 10:00 AM.

Well, for start testing is somewhat bad word in this forum - you should ask about speculating and dragging numbers out their arses.
    Soirana: AFAIR you were one of lead experimentators. You lost interest, it became too hard after preprelease fixes or community reception was bad?

Quote Originally Posted by cromat View Post
    Soirana: AFAIR you were one of lead experimentators. You lost interest, it became too hard after preprelease fixes or community reception was bad?
    Sorta figured out it is faster just analyze code itself... and after decided it is waste of time playing with code...