Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Explanations for adom

Default Explanations for adom

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum even though I have been visiting this site for a few years. Anyways I just thought it would be fun to come up with explanations for some of the odd things in can adom. For example if you kill a rat and it drops armor. Obviously the rat wasnt wearing armor so my explanation would be that dungeons are dark dirty places and when you killed the rat it died on a previously hidden piece of armor. I just think its more fun too come up with reasons for odd things in the game rather then calling it a bug.

I pictured how the rat is tugging the armor to its burrow to make a nest for its cubs (:

Thats a great explanation too. How about eplaining why iron rations weigh as much as iron shields? My idea is adom takes place before modern technology. So no fridges or preservatives. Maybe your iron ration is stored in a iron ice box.

Quote Originally Posted by kevintrimble View Post
    Thats a great explanation too. How about eplaining why iron rations weigh as much as iron shields? My idea is adom takes place before modern technology. So no fridges or preservatives. Maybe your iron ration is stored in a iron ice box.
    They include the oven needed to cook the ration.

That ring that fell out of the rat? It ate it, simple. And the scroll. All covered in intestines. And the plate armor. And the trident, too :P.

Also, how do you explain a bunch of creatures just sitting in a room waiting for an adventurer to open the door? They're having a tea party?

Maybe the it is not just about how much the item weights but also how much room it takes up in your pack and/or how awkward it is to carry. And maybe you found the armor lying on the ground and than a giant rat popped out of it, that you had to kill before you could get the armor.
    AKA: Jbc
    1st win no spoiler & no cheating version 1.1.1
    Favorite Race Class Combo: Darkling Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Qui View Post
    Also, how do you explain a bunch of creatures just sitting in a room waiting for an adventurer to open the door? They're having a tea party?
    watching tv (:

Quote Originally Posted by Qui View Post

Easy explanation most areas are dungeons. The monsters are locked up till you release them. Or they could be resting in the same room before you intrerupted them. In the case of undead and ghost rooms maybe some kind of cult had a suicide pact and offed themselves in that room. Dont drink the carrot juice in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by kevintrimble View Post
    Or they could be resting in the same room before you intrerupted them.
    I imagine a roguelike set on a ship, a cockpit it would be a tension room of sailors... :3

Actually it makes sense.
    Last edited by mewmew; 06-05-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Also how didn't all those monsters walking around in highly corrupting places not turn into writhing masses of primal chaos long ago?

And what are they eating?

And where is the light coming from in dungeons, except dark rooms?

Or where are the "generated" monsters coming from?

And who is writing all those spellbooks you find, if a level 50 wizard can't write them? Or making all those weapons, if a level 50 weaponsmith can not make an iron sword out of iron ore?
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 06-05-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.