Thread: Irony, oh you !

Default Irony, oh you !

Fortunately it was very early game, so it didn't bothered me but it made me laugh.

Fithar, a brave High Elven archer on an epic mission worthy of bard's songs and popular legends (fetching the lost puppy i mean) ran into a pool on the first dungeon level of her mighty quest.

Listening only to her courage, she decided to drink and amazement beyond wonders, she suddenly got a superb resistance to poison !
    Stroke by such luck she drank again and wonders beyond amaz... an awful lots of blue-colored snakes spawned everywhere, bitting seriously the now unfortunate Fithar, that still managed to run away and close the door behind her.

Then she moved a few steps, and fell ... poisoned to her death ... with her amazing poison resistance

Some poison resistance. Did you try to 'a'pply the First Aid skill
    each time poisoned?
    You kick the Troll and slay it. Congratulations! You advance to level 4! (more)

Admin powers at their finest.

A lot of poisoning from water snakes quickly overcomes any poison resistance.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    A lot of poisoning from water snakes quickly overcomes any poison resistance.
    I'll be sure to keep that in mind
    You kick the Troll and slay it. Congratulations! You advance to level 4! (more)

Admin powers at their finest.

That said, elven archers should have 5 PV and amazing DV. Next time Coward tactics is your friend (and you can still shoot them pretty successfully on Coward).
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Messing with pools in the early game is asking for a swift death. Whether by disease, snakes, water elemental, dooming or cursing, chances are you are going to have some bad luck and no way to deal with it.