Thread: Named item display in inventory

Default Named item display in inventory

Hello,

Using the public pre-release 23
    Since some time i noticed in my inventory my artifacts aren't displaying their name anymore but use (named) instead , by example my current character that has Vanquisher and Hammerhead equipped (that i got from precrowning and crowning) :

When i unequip them, they appear in the misc inventory with their full name, and when i equip them again, they're back at being called (named) instead

Did i pressed accidentally a key that lead into this (and so which one ?) or is that the way the inventory will now be displayed ?

> Did i pressed accidentally a key

If you had done that, your character would be dead by now.

> is that the way the inventory will now be displayed

yes. it has been like that for years
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

The reason is because there isn't enough room on the screen to display all the vital stats of the item as well as its name.

Personally, I think that's kind of obnoxious. I'd rather just have the name of the item displayed, that way nothing gets squished to the side. If I really wanna know about it, I can look it up on the wiki using the name, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > is that the way the inventory will now be displayed
    yes. it has been like that for years
    Looking into my archive i found an earlier screenshot of the same character at same prerelease 23

Notice how the weapon does not have (named) but is displaying the complete name.

that's probably because the axe which you had in the missile slot turned on the short version for them both

Yes, that was it, if i remove the axe Rolf's Companion (it wasn't Hammerhead the pickaxe that i have stocked in my inventory, my bad) , it allows Vanquisher to have its complete name.
    Very strange.