Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Statues?

Quote Originally Posted by Marek14 View Post
    I wonder if I didn't misunderstand something when I sent in my statue... I wanted PC to be able to give it scroll of literacy check (it's an item I suggested many years ago and I wanted to give it an additional use), and then the description text would change based on number of scrolls given (up to 14). But the current description seems to be:
    "You stumble upon a statue. It's a strange humanoid creature with fourteen outstretched arms. They almost look as wings of a skeletal angel. # of the hands are clenched into fists. [# equals to the number of scrolls the statue was given previously.]"
    Your statue was fixed in some way or another in recent prereleases (at least the description no longer contains meta information), although I don't remember whether it works as intended or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Yeah, there are some statutes that can basically instakill you.
    Look who's talking I mean 4 grues, come on!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Yeah, there are some statutes that can basically instakill you.
    Yeah, some seam designed with clear intentions to discourage people play Adom.

I wouldn't go that far but I 'l'ook at every grey & I see and avoid any that aren't forges. The chances of something really nasty happening are too high for someone as risk-adverse as me.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMum View Post
    I wouldn't go that far but I 'l'ook at every grey & I see and avoid any that aren't forges.
    Perhaps they should be given a different color to avoid the "blink dog corpse; wait, fortune cookie" effect. Light gray like most iron weapons, or white.
    "And light there be!"