Thread: Use missiles, use missiles, use missiles

Unhappy Use missiles, use missiles, use missiles

Hi, I'm floting eye, you wouldn't waste one of your hunders arrows on me would you? I mean... you have amulet of free action anyway. *Slash* Oh, you forget to equip that amulet after you equip necklace of rapid healing for a while? Too bad, here, meet my friend - frost giant berserker.

OK, yeah I know that 20 lvl HE archer isn't for most of you too impressive (he wasn't even past ToET), but for me it was one of the most promising character I ever played... such stupid mistake

I have cleard CoC up to flame wall, even saved Kehli! Cleard most of the common dungeons. Everything was pretty easy (even going through DH). And since I have never been in IC I decided to go there (I had pretty much no idea how hard that place is). I wasted only one !oEH there in my encounter with room full of ice statutes. Rest of the domain was pretty much piece of cake. Got to the queen, accepted first quest and decided go for it (and get out of there in case of emergency - I mean I had =oInvis - that shouln't be any problem right?). Frost giants was no problem even in melee. I killed my first frost giant berserker in melee too, but because he injured me pretty hevily (I was left with like 30 or 40 HP) i decided take rest of theese guys in missiles (that was no problem at all - well till I was able to move) - and since I was so much injured I take my amulet of free action off and take necklace of rapid healing for a while. Hmm... rest of the story you already know.

I guess I will be more careful next time... but I'll die in some other stupid way anyway. At least I have game with infinte hours of playablility so I got that going for me, which is nice.

http://pastebin.com/fqN2tvbn

Condolences!
    Doesn't look like you had anything particularly lucky happen with this character though, so rest assured you can do it again!
    My orc thief just died.

Reminds me of a story:

Oh hey look, that greater mimic in big room? I killed dozens of those guys earlier without any source of paralyzation resistance, they can't hit me through 50+ dv before I take them out with my vanq.

You miss the greater mimic. The greater mimic misses you. The greater mimic fails to hurt you. You miss the greater mimic. The greater mimic misses you. The greater mimic fails to hurt you. You hit the greater mimic and critically wound it.
    The greater mimic bleeds from his wounds. The greater mimic suddenly seems to panic! The greater mimic decides to fight to the death in a blind rage! The greater mimic punches through your armor and hits you. Suddenly you can't move!
    The greater mimic hits you. (x5)
    The greater mimic punches through your armor and critically hits you.
    The greater mimic critically hits you. (x2)
    The greater mimic hits you. (x4)
    The greater mimic targets a vital spot and hits you.
    The greater mimic hits you. You die...

Inventory:
    Amulets (''')
    a - heap of two uncursed amulets of free action
    b - blessed amulet of free action
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 07-29-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by sylph View Post
    Condolences!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sylph View Post
    Doesn't look like you had anything particularly lucky happen with this character though, so rest assured you can do it again!
    Yeah, I know his only bigger luck was he managed to save that dying sage whose name I'm not able to spell properly. But still he was my best (I think) char. I guess if he died in glorious fight with ACW I wouldn't be so upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Reminds me of a story:...
    I also learned hard way not to rely on my DV when fighting mimic (or at least the greater ones).