Thread: Monster limit in the Big Room

Default Monster limit in the Big Room

Hey, anyone tried to pacify the Big Room in the recent versions? I never bothered to do so before but now I need the room empty for an experiment.

And from what I've read in older threads it used to be sufficient to lock 40 monsters away to stop any more spawns. After I had filled a 6x7 tile room with 42 worms there were still monsters spawning. So I created another room with 16 tiles and filled it. But even with 58 locked breeders monsters still spawn. So, has there been a fix that I'm not aware of?

How many monsters still spawned? In p23 I noticed that even with the big room 'pacified' there would be an occasional monster generated, but very infrequently. That was my first time pacifying, so beyond that I can't comment.
    Last edited by shockeroo; 08-19-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Well, as you said it's an occasional spawn. Didn't really make a difference if I had 42 or 58 breeders locked away. I can do some more testing, just thought I'd better ask if there had been a change and people knew about it / suggested it maybe.

I regularly pacify the big room and I also noticed this increase of spawns versus the older versions.
    Now it seems sufficient to lock 10 tiles of the level from top to bottom, counting from the side wall and fill that area with worms or something.
    8 seems to allow occasional spawns but 10 always seems to work for me.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Thanks, that's great info! So it seems that the limit is considerably higher now, but still below 150 if 10x15 tiles still works for you. I'll try to determine the exact limit with a wand of monster detection.

I've currently 87 worms confined and I still get spawns outside.