Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New artifact?

Ha ha, exactly that. Maybe I'll finally have a high elven mindcrafter that survives until CoC.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Fun stuff, time to create a bunch of chars to play later.
    So how are your resurrection characters doing? Mine are busy dying in the SMC because I am too stubborn and keep sending them in at level 7 after rescuing the cute dog.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    So how are your resurrection characters doing? Mine are busy dying in the SMC because I am too stubborn and keep sending them in at level 7 after rescuing the cute dog.
    I started another Mist Elven Necromancer. She's doing quite well. ID to lvl 12. Crowned and two precrowns in the putrid dungeon (man, I love that place!). Before turning lawful she qualified for the thieves' guild (for detect traps) by invis-robbing three shops, including snatching the resurrection special from the black market. Been messing around with clay statues after I realized stone golems don't regenerate. Crowning gifts were all weapons, Executor, hammer of the gods and staff of creation. Meh... Oh, and I selected Affinity for Boomerangs and Scurgari by accident after mouse click spamming Alertness. Jesus.

Haven't decided what I'm doing next.
    Last edited by platypower; 08-30-2015 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    I killed off about about 4 or so high elven mindcrafters and ragequit. Not even the one who got a lawful altar in a cavernous level survived. I can't successfully play this combination to save my life apparently.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

My hurthling duelists keep dying in the UD because of mixed vaults. Did manage to get an elven and a dwarf through -- the elf got killed because i didn't know what an ancient dungeon was and got trapped next to a Greater Chaos Servant at L12; Dwarf got precrowned with Soaker so I'm annoyed at the whole game.

I have started a farmer yesterday, now lvl 22. I don't think it's ultra material though I did get precrowned with Kinslayer which is quite nice.
    Ratling duelists and warlords spawn everywhere though... I smell foul play by the RNG.
    Otherwise I have an assassin, a monk, a mindcrafter, a paladin, an archer and a wizard saved in bandit town with the amulet generated.
    I'll be playing them later, some have nice starting PV, like the monk with 4 or pal with 9.

Mixed vaults are doom and death and chaos. I'm not touching those without a 15 foot pointy stick, or at least Wi:32 acid ball.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I've rolled 5 chars, 3 of them for challenge games: normal human druid, normal delven beastfighter, Fling-the-Bling hurthling merchant, Acid-spit-only drake farmer and yet another barehanded-only ratling necromancer. Played the druid and merchant so far.

With the druid I found out that precrowning normally is pretty much impossible thanks to stupid animals. I set up a huge herb farm on UD:8 and sold about ~250 pepper petals to Leggot and received Wyrmlance. I promptly saved and stopped playing him (he will be later used to test some resurrection theories).

With the merchant I'm hanging in the PC farming and saccing. Already level 11 and precrowned once to receive Executor (obviously).

Yesterday was not a lucky day.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Mixed vaults are doom and death and chaos. I'm not touching those without a 15 foot pointy stick, or at least Wi:32 acid ball.
    Yeah, I'm trying my best to avoid them, but kept ending up forced into them. Had a much nicer run with a high elf a bit later -- easy UD descent full of undead/gnoll vaults, surge of power in the big room which turned out to be Shirt of the Saints, now working on the DT quests and a crowning at L16. Should be a gate closer unless I do something stupid. Which given that I haven't played in about 18 months seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    I've rolled 5 chars, 3 of them for challenge games: normal human druid, normal delven beastfighter, Fling-the-Bling hurthling merchant, Acid-spit-only drake farmer and yet another barehanded-only ratling necromancer. Played the druid and merchant so far.

With the druid I found out that precrowning normally is pretty much impossible thanks to stupid animals. I set up a huge herb farm on UD:8 and sold about ~250 pepper petals to Leggot and received Wyrmlance. I promptly saved and stopped playing him (he will be later used to test some resurrection theories).

With the merchant I'm hanging in the PC farming and saccing. Already level 11 and precrowned once to receive Executor (obviously).

Yesterday was not a lucky day.
    How does getting executor on a non-beastfighter equal an unlucky day?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

How does getting executor on a non-beastfighter equal an unlucky day?
    On a flinging merchant? Come on, Shepard, keep up!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.