Thread: Do you get more spellbook drops as a Wizard?

Default Do you get more spellbook drops as a Wizard?

When I reached level 14 with both my Archer and Wizard class, both with the Treasure Hunter talent, I noticed that my Archer had found a lot less spellbooks than my Wizard. My Wizard came across 10-15 while my Archer only found like 5. It appears to be easier to find spellbooks for a Wizard. Or is this a coincidence?

Does your class determine the drop rates? My wizard did however come across a lot of missile ammunition as well as bows, crossbows, fletchery sets etc, so what's up with that?

This is true.

Wizards (and Necromancers) tend to find more spellbooks, while archers tend to find more missiles than other classes. I have also noticed that as a wizard I usually find quite a lot of missiles, too.
    Mission: Win with all classes as a dwarf
    Accomplished: Monk, Beastfighter, Duelist, Barbarian, Paladin, Priest, Wizard, Elementalist, Mindcrafter, Necromancer, Bard
    Current quest: Merchant

Every class has somewhat different drop rates for specific item categories.
    Wizards get more spellbooks, archers get more missiles AND more fletchery sets.
    As far as my personal experience goes, assassins get more potions of poison or potions in general, barbarians find more two-handed weapons, etc.
    There was a list somewhere that detailed this.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

beastfighters find more eternium weapons, and pre/suffixed weapons. They also find more artifact weapons and more mithril and adamantium weapons, and more weapons as well. They also find more crystal shields, eternium shields and artifact shields, along with more spears and more swords. They find more one-handed weapons and also find more two-handed weapons and more weapons that are especially suited for dual-wielding. They also find more weapons in shops and shields in shops and also just laying on the ground and from monster drops and in vaults. When dipping weapons and shields into potions of raw chaos or exchange, they are also more likely of receiving more weapons and shields in return and of greater value and power and rarity. They also are more likely to receive artifact shields from pre-crowing and from post-crowning. They also receive more artifact one-handers and two=handers from pre and post crownings. In general they just find weapons and shields of all levels of greatness all throughout the game. These are all known facts.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    These are all known facts.
    Is this in the guidebook somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikke View Post
    Is this in the guidebook somewhere?
    This is in gutbook, that's for sure.
    Whenever gut utters more than one sentence you should probably take that with a grain of salt. Or a bucket.
    Doesn't prevent him from being right, which is why I don't ever play beastfighters.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    This is in gutbook, that's for sure.
    Whenever gut utters more than one sentence you should probably take that with a grain of salt. Or a bucket.
    Doesn't prevent him from being right, which is why I don't ever play beastfighters.

poe's law ne1?

Quote Originally Posted by Heikki View Post
    This is true.

Wizards (and Necromancers) tend to find more spellbooks, while archers tend to find more missiles than other classes. I have also noticed that as a wizard I usually find quite a lot of missiles, too.
    most frustrating of course is that elementalist's get about as many spellbooks as a barbarian. ie: none