Thread: Adom 1.2.2 eating dark sage corpse vs. potion of literacy

Default Adom 1.2.2 eating dark sage corpse vs. potion of literacy

I haven't been playing for so long in adom. Last version i played at was 1.1.1. Many changes since then. Good to have new loaction (unassuming cave haven't explored it yet). But I explored new version in old path. I play Dark Elven Beastfighter and in Dwarftown, dwarf elder's first quest was to slay dark orc. I slew it, and in meantime I have slown dark sage(and I got corpse of it, which I ate,it gave me Literacy). And than i went to dwarf's elder for dark orc reward. And the he gives me Potion Of literacy. This is an artifact which shouldn't be given to me when I own Literacy skill.

A change some versions back gives you the Potion of Literacy if your literacy is below a certain value, 50 I think?

Last version I played was winbeta 1.1.1. There wasn't that error. And according do Adom Guidebook:

1) Slay a random monster. This can be a very annoying quest. The assigned monster is supposedly dependent on the PC's experience level. The reward is having the PC's entire inventory identified or the (artifact) potion of literacy for illiterate characters.
    My inventory wasn't identified, Thrundarr gave me potion of literacy, and yes I had the Literacy skill.

There's no error here. Whether you get the potion or the identification of your inventory depends on how high your literacy skill is now, rather than just whether you have it or not, as mentioned previously. If you have literacy but it's really low when you talk to him after completing the quest, he'll still give you the potion (which I think just boosts your literacy skill by a significant amount if you're already literate... so it still does something, just not quite as nice for those that are already semi-literate than for those who haven't already gotten literacy.)

(Now, if your literacy skill was trained fairly high and you still got the potion... then there might be a problem here.)