Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Journey through the infinate dungeon

Yeesh, level 200+ monsters are terrifying. Vortices exploding covering half the level, everything else getting 100+ damage per hit and dozens of hits? Wow.

(by the way, how the heck do you have 10,000 speed!? I think the highest I've ever had on a player character was something like 300-something with an overheating drakeling... but even the high-end quicklings I've seen aren't 10,000+ fast.)

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    At least it isn't as bad as "time shitter's avenue"
    That one ended matching threads content rather well.

Wish engine, I ended up wishing for about ~1500 potions of quickling blood. I was really bored and wanted to see how high I could get it. I think speed soft-caps at around 1000 though, since I never noticed monsters moving slower after that point.

Quote Originally Posted by DoshDoshington View Post
    I think speed soft-caps at around 1000 though
    Well, it actually hard caps - don't remember where it was explained adom manual probably - game has certain "segments" [for calculating action sequence] and one can not have more than one action per segment.
    Segments are mostly to calculate energy points so reducing energy cost also don't go through cap, just helps to reach it earlier.

[QUOTE=DoshDoshington;96446]4000, I've "died" about 20 times now

how exactly are you dying ... assuming you have low energy points usage you will always act 1st and you have insane speed so how are monsters able to even hit you to do damage?
    also i agree that aging attacks are your worst nightmare. but also corrupting attacks? i can imagine a high lvl wmopc hitting you till YOU become one.
    anyways itll be glorious if you were to reach lvl 10000.

[QUOTE=divij;96464]
    Quote Originally Posted by DoshDoshington View Post
    4000, I've "died" about 20 times now

how exactly are you dying ... assuming you have low energy points usage you will always act 1st and you have insane speed so how are monsters able to even hit you to do damage?
    also i agree that aging attacks are your worst nightmare. but also corrupting attacks? i can imagine a high lvl wmopc hitting you till YOU become one.
    anyways itll be glorious if you were to reach lvl 10000.
    The monsters move about once every 10 of my turns, I'll die maybe once every 100 levels or so, since there's always a chance that when I teleport on the stairs it will be right when a monster's about to move.
    I'll actually get around one corruption from dying to a corrupter.

Finally reached 5000 after some slacking off yesterday http://i.imgur.com/vZW0b5k.png
    5000.png
    Bonus points for the Eternium Golem, sometimes I forget those things even exist.

What's the red dot in that screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    What's the red dot in that screen?
    You know, I have no idea. didn't even notice it until you pointed it out

Probably a secret hint towards the scroll of omnipotence? :-o
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners