Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R52 UNE: Ahkmor the DE Assassin

Sounds fairly fair, but it misses the fact that Strength is the easiest stat to rise and boost in the game. Guaranteed potion at Emperor's place, emperor's corpse giving +6, farmable frost giants berserkers making it possible to get into low thirties easily, dark orcs becoming way more common in mid-CoC, best non-artifact boosting item [GoGS], etc.

I actually found it fairly hard to finish any game with my strength below 35-40, and that's only when my GoGS got #rekt by traps or anihilators

as for the averages, you just multiply the output by the probability and then add all the results, at least that's how I do it. counting proper ones for the axe is a bit trickier, since it takes different value from the Strength stat and just looking at its flat damage without considering the bonuses twohanded weapons give you wouldn't really tell us much. Additionally, you can fish out some pretty high bonuses for it from the Basher line and skill level [THW G. Mastery gives you 12 more damage bonus than same grand mastery for daggers, Basher line adds additional 6, iirc]

@damage numbers

for my Human Assassin win, I got my AoTME doing 300 damge on average in normal hit, 1200 on backstab, so the numbers are more comparable than you'd expect [and due to crit chances stacking, it's between 90 and 115% chance, but if we count every first hit as a backstab, then it's 1200 on first [115%] and 300 [90%] or 150 [10%] damage on second, so it actually has a lower variance for mostly negligibly higher [around 100-150 points?] energy cost. And yes, it allows the opponent a response, but also returns a wider window of response to you if you fail to kill [rarely] and has no issues with even spikingly high PV [100 of g.molochs, 40 of greater titans], where a missed crit from N&S may leave you rather vulnerable

so once again - AoTME is goddamn sick as it is now. And that's msotly cause of the THW buff, not its own.

Well, in that case the average N+S damage is 1243.75 on a backstab.

I completely forgot about the recent THW buff, since I so rarely use THW. You're right - it adds a huge amount of damage on top of the already large damage causes by high marks in THW. And which you consider that you have an 85% base chance of doubling that damage...

Anyway, the AotME is really, really rediculously powerful, especially for a guaranteed weapon that's available relatively early in the game. The fact that it's capable of doing a lot more damage than the TotRR is an indication that maybe it's (unintentionally) overpowered, and maybe it's damage should be scaled back somewhat in light of the high critical chance + enormous THW bonus it gets. The only reason I don't think N+S is overpowered is they're only available somewhat early for one class, and you still have to be in the late game to get them.

Another thought: Assassin + RotMC + AotME would get a 101% base critical rate. Or, in other words, it would effectively become an *everything*-slayer. I unfortunately messed up my chance to get the RotMC in this game, but I'll have to give it a go some time.

Hah, my assasin had it even better. RoTMC, AoTME and BoW. 109% chance of crit, ignoring backstabs altogether it was a pretty wild ride, if I say.

@edit

funilly enough, he was crowned with Death's Blade aswell, which pushed me in the track of using THW