Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One in a billion?

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    I didn't even know that was possible. Wonder if 2 is the upper limit, or even 3 is possible.
    it has happened before, i remember reading a YAVP where something similiar happened.

i've had dozens of surges, the problem is they seem to be more likely on low levels, in which case you will get a generally crap artifact (such as the spear).

I once found preserver and executor in the same vault, then two levels later a wand of wishing just sitting on the ground. Luck comes in waves i guess.

The best surge I've had was in UC:3 and it was serpent's bite.
    However, i agree that surges generally happen more often in lower DL areas.
    Stuff like executor or bracers of war just don't happen for me in surges, though I have to admit a wizard of mine once found BoW in the HMV shop, I was quite surprised.
    Afaik Ln dug the bracers up from a grave in griffyard some time ago, so I guess in the end it's all about your personal luck.
    Whether it's a surge, random drop, shop merchandise or treasure grave - that's irrelevant.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

It could be that surges aren't necessarily more common at lower DLs, but that almost all characters see the lower DLs while only some survive to late game. Plus the item pool gets bigger with higher DLs, and as I remember "surges" are just artifacts getting generated on the floor, so with the larger item pools comes less chance that a random floor junk is an artifact.

Default One in a hundred thousand?

I&BCT.png2 imminent and blood chilling threats.....almost back to back in the same room....the big room with an ant hole
    Last edited by divij; 11-27-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Slightly off topic here, but in the same game i generated a cat as 1 of my arena opponents so i used trap creation to try to create a trap to get rid of him...and i got a tp trap and it stepped on it and got tpd away granting me victory and....."the audience boos and throws vegetables." this has happened to me for the 1st time and it was funny