Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Incredible Starts

Just started a Raven-born Monk with the enemy of the undead message, he starts with (+1,+1) [+3,+3] Robe and [0,+1] Sandles. 2 forest squares toward outlaw town he's ambushed by a grizzly bear, critical hit before I can move, dead. DAMN YOU RNG!

Quote Originally Posted by brim View Post
    Just started a Raven-born Monk with the enemy of the undead message, he starts with (+1,+1) [+3,+3] Robe and [0,+1] Sandles. 2 forest squares toward outlaw town he's ambushed by a grizzly bear, critical hit before I can move, dead. DAMN YOU RNG!

The robe is very good but the undead message seems to make little difference in the game. The most dangerous undead you'll encounter will be ravenants (since those at low levels are way more deadly than emperor lichs at high levels) and ghost lords/kings (depending on your race) and the message have little significance since it'll only make any real difference while fighting mobs... and in those situations there's always another fella to take the place of the frightened one.

I just created a human priest who has a Spellbook of Petrification in his bag. I havn't even seen that spell before. I wonder if the PC will ever be able to learn it as I guess it must be quite high level.

Edit: Well, he didn't have a chance because he was paralyzed and killed by a floating eye on PC1.
    Last edited by otus; 07-29-2009 at 02:15 AM.

Rolled a dark elf bard, started with a leather cap (+1, +1) [+0, +3] and SLB (heir)

Found in VD Bracers of Projection [+0, +2] and studded leather armor (-1, +0) [-1, +6] (!!!!)

I have never found studded leather with +6 PV

current DV/PV is 15/11 for being only level 2 with a level 6 giant spider pet.

spellbook of darkness, PC1
    Last edited by Sradac; 07-30-2009 at 12:39 AM.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

dang man. nevermind. acid trap, destroyed seven league boots...there goes my edge.
    To this day I have not once scummed in ADOM.
    Probably why I dont have a win.

Not so much an amazing start as an unusual one.

Wand born grey elf wizard, really quite nice starting stats (Le 25, Ma 21, Str 11, and learning quickly increased to 26).

Starting spellbooks were Frost Bolt and Light.
    Went to Holeinthewall, black market had a spellbook of Frost Bolt.
    Went to the small cave, where monsters dropped TWO spellbooks of frost bolt.

Unfortunately I died soon after so I couldn't see if this strange RNG was going to continue