Alrin, the dwarven priest, saved the world with his brave efforts and became
a great ruler while saving himself 10 times.
He scored 23466864 points and advanced to level 46.
He survived for 0 years, 54 days, 7 hours, 49 minutes and 4 seconds (111624
turns).

The game was played on the European server, and the full flg is here: http://ancardia.uk.to/adom_users/alk...flgs/alrin.flg

Alrin started like all or almost all my characters, with an SMC blanket run, and UD run exiting through the HMV. After that the early game was rather uneventful, dwarven priests are pretty easy to play with the main handicap (IMO) being that they're lawful, making the game trickier than for neutrals.

The new random dungeons made the early/early midgame very fun. It was nice to enter a badass dungeon at level 18, clear a few levels and get the hell away from a mixed tension room featuring a diamond golem and an ancient black dragon.

Also, all the new content made me able to go to the ToEF at level 31, which would have been impossible in 1.1.1 without massive scumming. After early CoC, Griffyard, Pyramid and TotHK, I did the Ice Queen quests, Darkforge, some random dungeon crawling in the new dungeons. I found an AoLS for Khelavaster and 3 RoDSes. I used one for spellbooks of Knowledge of the Ancients and went to the Maze for the AotME.

The Maze was rather painful, despite the magic mapping spells, because I think I needed to fully explore all the different variations of each level before finding out that I had missed a stairway that was in any of the very few squares that I hadn't magic mapped in one of the versions of level 6. I spent a long time there, eating like 30 blessed lizards or so.

The ToEF was a complete pushover, entering there at level 31 and bashing everything with the AotME. I had to use quite a lot of healing because my DV was something like 2 at that point, but being a priest it wasn't much of a problem.

You know where I had a rather bad time? At the Air Temple. Yeah, the one that is supposed to be much easier than the ToEF. The Summoner summoned a horde of great karmic wyrms. Quite unpleasant guys to handle, especially having dropped all the items. I had to go back for some arrows and anyway they destroyed my seven league boots, bracers of toughness, and [+5,+0] cloak with their breath before I could kill them and the summoner, getting the orb.

The Earth Temple was rather easy because I had amazing melee power with the AotME. The Mana Temple was tricky due to the guy getting more turns than me, constantly casting darkness and draining me when I cast light. I got some stat drains but it could have been worse.

D:50 was curious because the stairs room was generated in front of all the action. As soon as I climbed down the stairs to D:50, I already had many of the WMoPCs on sight, and the lateral corridors to chaos mutants were like 6 steps away from the stairs. At some point, bolting chaos mobs, I awakened the balors and they all started to teleport near me at the same time. Handling them required retreating to D:49 for healing a couple of times, but they all fell to the power of my axe. I killed all the monsters in the levels, closed the gate and went all the way up. Did the unicorn quest to clean corruption, went to Terinyo, talked to the tiny girl, wished for a dog for her and left. By the way, that was the third (and last) RoDS I had, the second one had been spent on Find Weakness.

I think the monster distribution in the different danger levels is pretty good now, balanced and fun, except for the fact that there seem to be too many skeletal kings in the late game. I found two tension rooms of skeletal kings and that's quite unfun, when each of them summons a crapload of skeletal warriors.

Was a fun game anyway, ADOM is getting better and better with the new versions!