Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Starting with a Spellbook of Acid Ball

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    mayb magic missile is situationally helpful too
    Magic missile is very helpful, because it doesn't ever destruct items and no monsters have immunity to it. It can be shrugged, of course, but if it hits, it does damage.

I started a character once with 2 spells books of wish. I believe it was a human mage and many releases ago. You might think that would be a good thing, but as it turns out it was a very bad thing. I would much rather start with spells useful to a new character instead of a soft caster with nothing he can use to beat the baddys back.

Quote Originally Posted by melphen View Post
    I started a character once with 2 spells books of wish. I believe it was a human mage and many releases ago. You might think that would be a good thing, but as it turns out it was a very bad thing. I would much rather start with spells useful to a new character instead of a soft caster with nothing he can use to beat the baddys back.

whats the problem? just read the spellbook of wish and wish for rocks and throw them on said baddies..from a distance...1 at a time...throw... mayb even boomerangs! they return if your dex is high enuf and also sell well! you are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by divij View Post
    whats the problem? just read the spellbook of wish and wish for rocks and throw them on said baddies..from a distance...1 at a time...throw... mayb even boomerangs! they return if your dex is high enuf and also sell well! you are welcome.
    the problem is at this point in the game i doubt it he would've been able to learn the spell and even if he would've learned, by some miracle, he would've not have enough PP and HP to cast it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Dlightfull View Post
    the problem is at this point in the game i doubt it he would've been able to learn the spell and even if he would've learned, by some miracle, he would've not have enough PP and HP to cast it anyway
    I think it was a joke, not serious

Sell both books to Barnabas for a hefty sum of early gold, then go to the ID and berserk-throw it at your enemies until you have offensive spells and a decent assortment of armor
    "And light there be!"