Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steam Release First R/C Combo

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Now that steam ADOM is out, are there going to be non-steam releases any more?
    It is? I just opened Steam and did a search for ADOM, Ancient Domains of Mystery, A.D.O.M. and nothing came up... you sure it's out now on Steam? Could you put a link up? I didn't see any announcement on this page about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    It is? I just opened Steam and did a search for ADOM, Ancient Domains of Mystery, A.D.O.M. and nothing came up... you sure it's out now on Steam? Could you put a link up? I didn't see any announcement on this page about it.
    It's only visible to closed beta testers until we're ready to make a final release (i.e. ironed out all the glaring bugs). Cannot be bought yet (unless you buy into the pre-release program, in which case you can recieve a CBT key).

As for non-Steam releases: yes. Quote from the latest blog post:

"This is new: The first ADOM release (R53, version 1.11.0) available on Steam first. Mostly this happens for two reasons:
    We want to get to Steam ASAP and thus need to receive as much feedback as soon as possible for that version.
    The build process is getting more and more involved and thus it takes more time to build all variants. Prerelease testers will be next, promise!
    "

Just that going on Steam has critical priority right now and we wanted to get a test version out ASAP Creating new builds for all the different platforms takes some extra time now, apparently.

Hey Gordon Overkill,
    New to Adom, playing version 1.1.1 in ascii via DosBox. Just watched some of your videos, (including your band. You guys Rock!!). I realize I'm playing an outdated version of the game but I love it just the same. Having a very difficult time advancing beyond ~lvl 10 no matter which r/c combo I use. I couldn't see what version you were playing but I did notice you rolled a mistelf.. something that is not available to me in this version. Is there a freeware version more advanced than what I'm currently playing? If so where can I find it. I've been searching for it and keep coming up with version 1.1.1. I'd be obliged for the help or any old-school advice you may have.
    Thanks Sovisus

Quote Originally Posted by Sovisus View Post
    Is there a freeware version more advanced than what I'm currently playing? If so where can I find it.
    Prerelease 23 is the latest freely available version so far. You can find it at ancardia.com. Have fun
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Prerelease 23 is the latest freely available version so far. You can find it at ancardia.com. Have fun
    Awesome Thank you, DL'd it and am playing.. Graphics really alter the game, unfortunately my skill at playing isn't much improved

skill is something that comes with time it took me awhile to get my first toon to any significant lvl and then in pure YASD fashion i shift-q him while trying to talk to dwarf leader for quests.

Thanks for the compliments, Sovisus :-)

Yeah, ADOM is definitely a tough game. It actually took me round about four years untill my first win. However, it can be done alot faster, especially if you don't mind some spoilers. If you've got any particular question, feel free to ask here on the forums ;-)
    My band: http://messerschmitt-speed.com
    ... for those old school Heavy Metal maniacs among you
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My youtube-profile: http://www.youtube.com/GordonOverkillManiac
    ... with lots of ADOM videos, including several complete successful play-throughs and tutorials for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshire View Post
    then in pure YASD fashion i shift-q him while trying to talk to dwarf leader for quests.
    Lol "Qyest". It makes for a nice jest. But not very nice when it happens, I imagine.
    I do the dwarven QYASD's often, although my deaths don't usually occur because of them.