Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst thing you've intentionally used a wish for?

Nah, did that once, but not with the other two times. Guess it just bugs out for me or there's some hidden variable.

I wished for 'torches' and 'potions of water' with the same character, on the same dungeon level (D:50), and it got me my first ultra ending.
    My orc thief just died.

New one: scroll of vermin control. Character found a cursed WoWi [5 charges] in ancient dungeon [fell from a purple worm]. Had to use it on a scroll since liches ina GUV summoned brown worms and gray oozes and they basically overtook the level while I was busy with the undead.

character still died cause of me forgetting to recast SoA. I miss that wand already.

i use wishes for cute dog all the time....however even i dont get the log in my achievements that i brought joy to the life of a tiny girl or whatever it is! though she does give me candy! also i have wished for potions of water because the rng just refused to give me any water and i dont want to scum in the big room! other than that the only 'wasted' wish i can remember is wishing for potions of deafness for the banshee because i didnt find a lvl with bees only to find one on the lvl abv the banshee lvl.

Scrolls of vermin control is the typical item that is useless in most games, but in some games it's REALLY useful, as in, life-saving.

Getting bees in the CoC before the banshee is guaranteed.

The thing with the tiny girl is strange, I wonder why I do get the achievement and other people don't... it must be something that we do differently.

i donno....by the time i feel i can safely poolsip which is typically after i have been crowned, i can take on any multiplying vermins.....scrolls of vermin control could be useful if you are relatively early in the game and tried to heal w/o having healing and are now faced with hordes of vermin on a CoC lvl which you cant bypass, and are ready to face getting cursed/doomed w/o having means to remove it! and even in that case if you are a spell caster you can wish for offensive spells and if you are a melle hero you can wish for eternium weapons! if you are stuck with vermins on the bunny lvl well....that is a screwup on the part of the person playing the game..ignore the poolsipping part if you have RoDS

it's easy to take on any multiplying vermin f they're all in sight range and you're not busy fighting 8 emperor liches and a couple of lich kings. the worms/jellies basically took their sweet time to swarm the open parts of the vault and for every slain one two-to-four more creatures were generated. it'd be pretty much like trying to extinguish generation in gremlin cave without disarming the water traps - doable, if you have many thousands of turns or you just dip. but dipping meant leaving a large part of the loot.

Wow...I haven't looked up ADOM in a few years after I finally got my first win. Actually...that was about 4 years ago that I got my first win and I have played this game off and on since 2000. But wait...there is now a graphical version? I will have to do some downloading tonight after work

As for my worst wish...I once had to wish for food...I was stuck in the infinity dungeon and working my way back up and I didn't want to lose my character. Oops.

At one point in time I was trying my darnest to win the game via ultra-ending with a farmer. My Dark elven farmer was level 24 and I had been grinding and scumming everything and some to get an AoLS. After wasting a shit ton of potions of exchange dipping rings, I recalled there being one pool left somewhere. So, after an odyssey of backtracking my trails, I found the pool in some fairly nasty place (can't remember anymore where it was, coud've been the Rift).

Now here comes the good part... After the binge-dipping of the rings, I had somehow gotten obsessed with RoDs. So, I finally got the long overdue wish, feeling exhilarated beyond words. Now, what do I wish for? Ring of djinni summoning of course...

After the incident, frustrated at his f***ed-up excuse for a brain, this particular farmer left the Drakalor chain, and never looked back...

That must be one of the best brain farts ever.