Thread: hurthlings and sacrificing cooked corpses

Default hurthlings and sacrificing cooked corpses

so... i guess i fail to see the point. they are heavy, they take a while to accumulate, not to mention they rot away, and they aren't worth jack to my deity. IMO they should be worth more, else what is the point? another little problem i have is by cooking the corpse it only weighs 5% less? that's it? This is one of a few parts of the game that make me wonder what is the point? why would i waste all this time cooking the corpses of monsters when i can just sacrifice the monsters alive so a *much* greater effect. i just sacrificed well over 2,000 stone worth of monsters, and it effected my piety by a seemingly insignificant amount. an article i read (http://rec.games.roguelike.adom.nark...icing-and-food) said, and i quote: "The live sacrifices give far more than corpses, even with the hurthling effect, which makes sense because otherwise, hurthlings would gain far to much experience compared to other races". what about dwarves getting bonus to sacrificing gold? that hardly seems fair/balanced. (not that that is really a BIG deal)

If sacrificing gold/herbs/si's/ is BY FAR the most effective way, then what is the point in each race having its "special sacrificial item" if i really doesn't help you out

Quote Originally Posted by fmlrommel View Post
    so... i guess i fail to see the point. they are heavy, they take a while to accumulate, not to mention they rot away, and they aren't worth jack to my deity. IMO they should be worth more, else what is the point? ... why would i waste all this time cooking the corpses of monsters when i can just sacrifice the monsters alive so a *much* greater effect.
    Hobbits have pretty good as favorite sacrifices go compared to some other races.

Main point of cooking should be reduce rotting rate, sadly unless cooking is sky high chance to ruin corpse likely outweights rotting resistance. And well you can cook corpse with fire magic.

Points for sacrificing cooked corpses:
    - summoned monsters -- so let that wererat to exhaust herself, kill summons, sack wererat, cook remaining corpses, sack them. Same for delven summoners, werejackals and so on.
    - cooking and dragging pile of corpses while grinding to level required due to generated artifacts.

Herbs are now limited in uptake. No more farming 500 stoma for extra precrown inside Pyramid, sigh.

sacrificing corpses could hardly net you any piety. it takes a long time to A) get the corpses, B) even onger to cook them so that C) your net very little or no piety. at least other races can build up a stockpile and do it all at once