Thread: this is f***ing outrageous :(

Default this is f***ing outrageous :(

Who the fuck invented these fucking statues should shoot himself and i should shoot myself for fucking trying every one of them stupid things .

I literally want to beat somebody.

My lvl36 DE Archer was on UL3, with lvl13 in crossbows, The Far slayer + Thunderstroke, such a powerful combination that i cba to change to slaying ammo even for ancient wyrms, killed them in about 5-6 shots with thunderstroke.

Besides that i had a wand of wishing with 2 charges, every possible intrinsic besides SeeI, and elemental immunities (only fire immunity), AoME(which i seldom used, as you can imagine), RCT(what good is to be a raven-born archer without RCT?), all attributes besides Ap and Cha were above 30-40, after gear, about 60 Str, 33 To, ~40 Dex etc. A shitload of holy waters, crowned champion of Order, very close to my deity, SLB and a couple spares.

I basically had everything i needed, hence the spare wishes, i killed easily greater molochs and titans, one-shoted master liches (didn't meet kings and emperors though), killed them orb guardians in 2-3 shots with slaying ammo. I even had a wand of destruction for D50, a couple of potions of uselessness for D49, i was permanently invisible.

I was sure that nothing besides my own stupidity could stop me to win this one. I was wrong. A stupid statue that crashed the game did it for me, i am saddened as never . Although this is my stupidity too, since i could leave that fucking statue alone and go on my way.

Did you check the ADOM folder for a backup file? There might be a backup present in case of a crash.

Sorry to hear that.

Which version do you play and which statue was it? Check the "savedg" in the ADOM data directory for a file called "<character>.bak" If it exists, you can rename it to "<character>.svg" and ADOM should be able to load it again.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Thank you guys, i found the backup save and it worked YAY!!! I still have to replay a chink of the low CoC, but that's a lot better than nothing.

jt, it's prerelease 23.

For same reason, don't use wands of wonder, Summon Monster crashes the game aswell currently

I have yet to have a statue crash the game for me (or a wand of wonder or summon monster).

Did however regret stepping onto a vampire statue that took 6 max hps off my 26 hp mist elf and all I got was a crappy sword that makes me chaotic

Quote Originally Posted by mjkittredge View Post
    Did however regret stepping onto a vampire statue that...
    Step on statues are mostly worst overall as they are the ones which leads to ignoring statues as at least safest behaviour.

I would prefer eitehr moving trigegr to something like "h"andle statue or statues showing description of them if "l"ooking at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    Step on statues are mostly worst overall as they are the ones which leads to ignoring statues as at least safest behaviour.

I would prefer eitehr moving trigegr to something like "h"andle statue or statues showing description of them if "l"ooking at them.
    Yeah, looking at them should make the PC able to describe it at least somehow. There are some great statues, i once found a statue that granted me a wish