Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drakeling farmers... I'm really liking them lately.

you might have some trouble with the late game enemies with a measly eternium spear im afraid to tell you..you need to have ranged combat here! luckily you have archery...so get slaying ammo as much as you can. also, stairs can never be through vaults. just letting you know for future runs.. finally alchemy is an EXCELLENT use for a wish for a drakeling..you might even get recipes for longevity and youth as a bonus, just remeber to equip a blessed =oice when u do the explosions!

You definitely need a better weapon if an eternium spear is the best you have. Never found some weapon of devastation/penetration or a phase dagger at least? Otherwise acid spitting might be your best choice against the balors when you run out of ammo (and I've never done it but I don't think its ideal).
    /edit: Big Punch also has decent damage and as a farmer carrying it should be no problem.

The Rune Covered Trident will be really nice when you get high enough level. I love Drakelings for their acid spit, it's the difference maker for a weak character that runs out of other options to survive - go to coward tactics and do your Exorcist impression!

Well, it was SORTA through the vault. I had opened it up and ran away from some mobs I couldn't get to. I locked the harder ones up in a hallway outside the vault. The easier way was through the vault, through slightly less difficult monsters, which I took care of with wished-for alchemy.

Oh, and I found better weapons lately. I've got a sword of sharpness and a mace of destruction at least. I'm hoping to find more better stuff later, incase the sword gets destroyed. I wanted a penetration suffix on a spear, but what can you do eh?

I trained swords up to 9 earlier in anticipation of possibly finding that sword of sharpness. I'll dip it in blessed rust removal ASAP and start training with it, and bless it while I'm at it. Should rock pretty good.

For a while I was using a piddly adamantium battle axe of thunder. The thunder was handy for extra damage, but I took the spear when I found it to take advantage of the extra DV, which made up for not usually dual-shielding.

I found blup's mom with the help of the guaranteed teleport wand and some booze to charge it. I'll have that artifact spear if I ever want it, but I don't like two handed weapons if I can avoid them.

I also wished for concentration, using up my last wish. Just wanted to be able to recover mana after book-casting a heal spell to satisfy jharod repeatedly. I'll soon max healing and if I want, get a bunch of potions of ultra healing. If I really wanna go out of my way to be excessive, I could probably boost my max health, but I don't think I'll need to...

And I'd have big punch by now if I wasn't permanently invisible. I only have one potion of visibility, so I don't think I'll be able to clear the arena for thrundarr.

As for missiles, I've been using my bow, got it up to 9 skill levels, and I've got a decent collection of various slaying ammo. It's been handy for certain cases... I also intend to train crossbows at some point just to take advantage of all the other ammo I've hoarded, much of which slays something or other.
    Last edited by santamaria; 01-20-2015 at 12:15 AM.

Killed Yuglash with barely a thought. Red worm lesser vault with the use of a few arrows. Onward.

Spat a moloch to death. Spat a greater moloch to death. Meleed a moloch to death. Think I'll avoid meleeing a greater moloch.

After the next orb and stashing run I'm tempted to visit the quickling tree. I was already very light, just got thin and nimble.

Greater titans HURT...

And after fleeing the greater titan downstairs, I found a giant greater vault next to a very big tension room.

Just randomly picked up "iron gauntlets" from a random ettin all of a sudden. Awesome.
    Last edited by santamaria; 01-20-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Found a RoDS. Not sure of anything I'd actually want to waste a wish on at the moment besides a sheep in the bug temple.

Ended up with the stiffness corruption, so I came back to the surface for a potion of cure corruption. Didn't have any left in my inventory. Was running out of blessed spenseweed anyways, so I can do some harvesting down here near the surface before going back.

I think this one's going to win. He's a powerhouse, and he's been picking up good stuff by dumb luck, which is usually the defining factor in my success or failure. Dumb luck... That and dumb mistakes.

I don't feel like doing the quickling tree after all. 160 stones limit? Screw it. (EDIT: Nevermind, I can clear the first room and bring in a few loads of herbs if I want to have an easy time at it)
    Last edited by santamaria; 01-20-2015 at 02:48 AM.

Ah, killed by my own foolishness. Accidentally let that banshee gain too many levels.

I was thinking about wishing for a sheep on my current character, any specifics on how the banshee killed you?

Well, I took a couple wrong turns, didn't block off the correct hallways with doors, brought her into dead end rooms to gain way more levels than she should have. By the time I got to the appropriate room, she was punching me so hard I couldn't sit there and herb up faster than she could hit me. I think she may have taken me down from nearly full health in a turn or two after gaining some levels. Probably critical hits or something.

Either way, be very stingy about letting her kill things, unless you feel like trying your luck in amongst the bugs while running away from her. It's safer close to her where she can kill things.... up until she gets so strong that she hits harder than the killer bugs in pure melee.

Seriously I should have assassinated her halfway through with alchemy and done the rest myself. She at least clears out that first room where you're surrounded before anything can touch you.

Would a wedding ring have stopped her from attacking?

Edit : No, I checked the wiki, she stays hostile.
    Last edited by pjsb1; 01-20-2015 at 05:47 AM.